xl

~ D e s m o n d ~

Blood.

It was the last thing I saw before collapsing to the ground.

My face was covered with blood, but not mine.

My eyes became droopy and I finally passed out when the fight was presumably over.

Will I die because of my injuries?

Will I get the chance to meet her again?

I didn't know how long I was out, but when I opened my eyes, I was not in the same place anymore.

I realized that I was alive.

I felt like I was given a new life.

My head was throbbing and every part of my body ached so much.

I squinted my eyes and sat straight on the comfy bed with much difficulty.

I looked around the unfamiliar place for some time when one of my guards entered the room.

Relief washed over his face, "Your Highness, you're awake!"

"What happened?" My memories were blurry and I only recalled bits and parts.

"You've been sleeping for almost 24 hours, my king."

I ran my hand along my face. I was out for that long. That was upsetting.

"Where's this place?"

"This is the secret chamber, Your Highness. You've been here before."

Damn, I was losing it.

"The doctor said that losing some memories was normal because of the head injury. It will return eventually."

I breathed in relief.

I looked at myself and noticed that I was covered in bandages and plasters.

This will surely take a while to heal completely.

"What about the enemies?"

"We had massacred them for the most part but a couple of them managed to escape, unfortunately."

I nodded in understanding, "It's okay, we did a great job anyway."

His eyes lit up at that.

Even though I was not for them, they still took care of me and my people. I was proud that I possessed a trope of capable soldiers.

"Their identity?"

He looked at the floor, "Still unknown."

I nodded at him.

Since their motive was to kill me, I could leave this place at ease knowing that my people were safe.

I tried to stand on my feet although my guard suggested against it.

I couldn't succumb to my weakness like that.

I limped all the way towards the exit and I found myself gaining a few shreds of memories in that process.

They were getting back quicker than I thought.

The sun was beginning to set, spreading a pinkish hue in the sky.

It was a splendid sight that made me forget my pain momentarily. The rays of sunlight adorned me and I closed my eyes, immersing in the warmth.

I smiled and kneeled on the ground, grabbing some snow even though, it hurt my palm injuries.

"I wish you were with me right now."