xxv

~ D e s m o n d ~

My hands shivered as I struggled to open the letter sent by Icarus.

My anxiety was peaking with the passage of each second and uncomfortable thoughts started to cloud my mind.

Gulping down my growing uneasiness, I started to read through the contents on the thin white paper.

Desmond,

Come and get her tomorrow and you already know that there will be a surprise when you come here, right? You'll know the details when you reach here. As much as I hate to let your beautiful wife go, I'm aware that she'll be dangerous for me. For my reign.

We can solve everything without any violence if you're cooperative enough. Or else, I'll have no other choice but to...

Anyway, I know you're smart because only your intelligence can save her.

I almost forgot, take a good look at the envelope again because who knows what you've missed...

Your dearest friend,
Icarus Ryomen

With a rapid heartbeat, I examined the envelope in which the letter was present. My hand grazed against something cold and metallic. Gasping, I pulled out the small thing, and then I realized that it was her wedding ring.

I clenched my fists tightly. How dare he...

My brain was stormed with a lot of unanswered questions.

What was he planning on?

How was she dangerous for him?

Why would he return her immediately?

What would be the surprise awaiting me?

Is it sensible to go to his kingdom without any precautions?

Because, he warned me about the consequences and I wasn't ready to take risks at least for once, for her.

Above all, one particular question disturbed my peace of mind - Was she safe?

I sighed sadly. To find the answers I'll have to go there immediately; I'll have to leave right now.

With determination in my eyes, I stared away overlooking my kingdom from my room's balcony.

"Wait for me, Snowflake."