xi

~ D e s m o n d ~

"I never thought you'd go this far!" Laevinn fumed at me.

"I was bound to marry at some point, then why prolong it?" I said in a bored tone.

I was really uninterested in having this conversation when I could go to see my Snowflake instead.

"This is different Desmond, you're forcing her!" Laevinn could barely contain his anger and disapproval.

He was lucky he was my brother because I wouldn't let anyone else speak to me like this. Except for her, of course.

Even if she looked enraged, I just found it amusing. Adorable even.

I sighed as if I was talking to a literal kid, "I will marry her, no matter what anyone has to say. End of discussion."

"Do you think our people will accept this? How would they react when they get to know that their precious King forcefully married a queen?"

He had a point, but I had a solution.

"They are never going to know." I announced confidently.

He looked taken aback at my tone, "She doesn't deserve this, please."

What? Did my brother plead for a complete stranger.

What kind of charm did she sprinkle on my little brother?

The same kind that she used on you.

I shook my head in denial. I was the one in command. She's got no say in any matter.

I'm marrying her because I want to and not because she lured me.

"Brother?" Laevinn's voice snapped me back to reality.

"Don't get too attached to the siren." I shot him a glance before leaving the room with a particular destination in my mind.

Not to my room because I had left her somewhere else today.

My feet carried me to the garden adorned with beautiful flowers and plants, but a certain flower stood out from the rest.

My Snowflake.

I engulfed her in a back hug as she was busy staring at the lilac colored blooms.

A gasp left her lips, but I stayed like that, "How did you feel after getting rid of me for 2 hours?"

I could feel her breathing to calm herself, "Well, it was amazing, to be honest."

I expected something like that from her.

I turned her around, and my gaze froze when I noticed that she had made a flower crown that sat perfectly on her temple.

"Wow, that's pretty." I couldn't hide my adoration.

She didn't respond.

I held her hand tightly, "Thank you." She got my message.

"Make me one as well?" I asked her, making my hold on her hands gentler.

She sighed, "Alright."

I stared at her the whole time she was making a flower crown for me. Her focused expression whenever she was indulged in a task was worth watching.

"Here it is," she forwarded her artwork towards me.

"Put it on me," I motioned to my head.

She complied anyway, and I lowered my head for her. Only for her.

"How's it?" I asked cheerily.

She nodded, "It looks good on you." Her eyes widened, and I confirmed that it was her natural response.

"I wish I could capture this moment and keep it locked somewhere in my mind." I looked into her eyes, which appeared a lighter shade of brown as evening sunlight fell on her.

She looked ethereal.

"You love capturing things, I guess?" Her tone was laced with sarcasm.

I nodded, "Yes, and once I do, I make sure I never let them out."

Her vision lowered towards the green grass that was laid out as we sat on the ground like a love struck couple.

How I wish...

I reached towards her and lifted her chin, "But you are not a thing  for me."

I ran my finger across her forehead on top of which rested a floral crown, but soon there will be an emerald crown instead. I leaned in and placed a kiss on her temple.

"I'm afraid I like you." I confessed with a racing heart.

I placed my palms on either side of her face, caressing her cheek with my thumb, "Don't let me wake up from this fever dream, please."

The sun had cast low, creating the shadow of a deranged King kissing a Flower Princess passionately.