xlviii

~ Z a y n a h ~

Ever since the day, I confessed to Desmond, time seemed to pass rather quickly.

He began to behave like a completely lovestruck boy since then - which also meant that he would spend more time with me than before.

I wiped the fog off the mirror and stared at my reflection.

Now, I had learned to weep silently in the bathroom because I couldn't cry on the bed while he took me frequently.

My fake confession changed a lot of things, and Desmond started to act more delusional. As a result, he believed that it was ok for him to make love to me every night.

No matter how many times it had been, I never got used to it, and it still hurt my soul.

Meanwhile, I did every little and big thing that would gain his trust. I had to keep going without breaking down because I couldn't afford to give up now. I can't do that after all the things I'd endured.

Masking a smile, I fixed my demeanor before exiting the bathroom.

"Finally!" Desmond sat up on the bed.

I smiled at him, "Were you waiting for me?"

"Yes," he nodded, "come here."

I froze for a millisecond before dragging my feet towards him, "What is it?"

"Y'know, I bought something for you," he showed me a shining pair of handcuffs.

I gasped, "What happened, Desmond?"

I had done nothing wrong, then why would he want to cuff me?

He chuckled, "Don't be scared, Snowflake." He took my hand, "Even though you love me, you're still not very obedient in bed, so from now on, this will help."

I tried to laugh it off, "Is this necessary? We're a married couple. Why would you treat me like a prisoner with the handcuff and all?"

But, I knew that I was his 'prisoner' after all.

He intertwined his fingers with mine, "I know. I know that your soul loves me, but your body doesn't. So, please try it, ok?"

"But- "

"And also, many couples aren't into these things," he shrugged.

"What?"

"Now, don't tell me that you didn't know," he played with the handcuff, "well anyway, it's fine even if you don't know. You can learn now."

In the end, he won every physical battle against me, so was it even worth fighting?

A small irrational part of me argued that it was, but I chose to listen to my survival instincts instead and bear with it.

"Now let's not make it hard for both of us, Snowflake," he cuffed my hands to the bedpost.

My movement was limited and my wrists ached every time, I tugged on it involuntarily.

But, I bore with the pain.

Because that's what I was good at.

I laid there emotionless as he grunted and panted above me.

After what seemed like an eternity, he finished
what he was doing and uncuffed me.

He laid beside me, hugging me tight, "I'm sorry."

I didn't have the energy to reply so I just closed my eyes and pretended to be asleep.

He placed a kiss on my cheek.

"Please be a good girl from now on, ok?"