xxvi

~ Z a y n a h ~

"Will you complain about me to him?" Icarus blinked innocently.

I stayed silent.

He placed his hands on either side of my face, "The more you give me the silent treatment, the more I'll get closer to you."

"I don't need to complain about you, he already hates you." I gave him my answer to his previous question.

He threw his head back and laughed maniacally making me wonder if Desmond and Icarus were long-lost siblings.

"I guess you're right there."

I sighed. It has been two days since he took me and since then I'm dealing with his nonstop chattering. The only time I got a break was when I went for a bath.

He didn't have any royal duties to do?

Not even Desmond was this free or should I say, carefree.

"I'm sad that you're leaving tomorrow," He played with the ends of my short hair and I wanted to slap his hands away but I didn't want him to pull my hair from my scalp so I didn't push my luck.

Who knew how crazy he actually was?

"You didn't even sleep with me," He touched my cheek.

I gasped and got up from the bed.

This was not happening.

"You insisted to sleep on the couch instead, making me feel bad." He sighed.

"I'm a married woman," It was an excuse but most royals cared about it so I gave it a try.

"You don't love him," He stood up as well and walked towards me.

I gulped, "So what?"

He tilted his head, "Neither your marriage nor your feelings affect me. I always do what I want."

My breath came in short pants, "Desmond will kill you."

"I know," He smirked, "but it's still worth it."

I put my hands forward in defense. I didn't want to relive my nightmares.

He still managed to close the distance between us grabbing my head in his palms, "Don't panic darling, I was just kidding."

I didn't trust him.

"What if I take you once and can't get enough of you?" he wiped my tears, "Then I'll have to keep you and then Desmond will go crazy. I'll always have to be on my guard, fearing when he'll kidnap you again."

I was flabbergasted. What was going on?

"And I don't want that sweetheart." He smiled and leaned in, "Still I can't help with this one, sorry."

"Leave me Icarus," I pushed against his chest.

"Please don't call my name, Zaynah. It turns me on and trust me, you don't want that."

I whimpered under his grip. What did I ever do?

He pulled my dress sleeve down making my shoulder visible and placed a kiss there, "I love your mole, it's cute."

"Stop," I pulled it back to its place.

"What if, I were your past lover who always kissed you there? Makes sense." He giggled.

Deranged human.

"So tell me, Desmond or me?"

"None. I hate you both."

"Still, whom do you hate more then?" He bent over to look me in the eyes.

I took a deep breath, "You."

I wasn't sure of my answer but I just wanted him to shut up.

"I knew it," as expected he laughed, "Well since you declared that I'm worse than him, it is only fair that I do something worse than him right?"

My eyes widened and I took a step back.

"So tell me, what's worse than rape?"

I sobbed and shook my head, "Nothing."

"See? You have your answer." he smirked, "Now I'll ask again, whom do you despise more? Me or Desmond?"

I sniffed back my tears.

"Desmond."