xxxiv

~ Z a y n a h ~

"I'm leaving tomorrow."

I parted away from him and blinked a few times in confusion.

"Where?"

"Towards the northern border of Laxoire. Seems like there's a problem," he shrugged after answering vaguely.

My face still displayed my perplexity, and noticing that he put his hands on my shoulder and looked me in the eye, "I know what you're thinking. You're wondering if it's a big issue for the king himself to go in person, right?"

I nodded because he was right.

I've been here for almost 6 months, and not once did he inform me like this before leaving for his royal work. Therefore, I assumed that the task must be really important and difficult.

"For how many days?" I tried my best to hide my growing enthusiasm.

"Hm, I can't really tell," he looked sad, "but I'll do everything I can to return quickly."

I prayed he did not.

"I understand."

He smiled and tugged at my hand, pulling me towards the bed.

My breath halted, "I'm feeling sleepy."

I cringed internally, wondering how many times I had used this excuse before.

"So am I," he gently made me sit on the bed.

I just sat frozen on the soft mattress, unsure of what to do.

I flinched when his hand brushed against my neck as he adjusted my hair behind. It had grown quite a lot since the last time he cut it.

If that action made me surprised, then I don't what to say about his next one, because the next moment, he pressed his lips against my neck, leaving wet kisses.

I clenched my fists tightly, shivering in disgust.

I contemplated fighting back, but the result will not be favorable for me. He'll always have his way in the end.

My eyes widened when he started to pull down my sleeves. Mustering some courage, I gently pushed against his chest. Ignoring my signal, he laid me on the bed, hovering over me.

That was triggering.

He was pressed against me but didn't put his whole weight on me. I still tried to create some distance between us but to no avail.

His kisses went lower to my collarbone, and I let out a gasp when he grazed it with his teeth.

"Stop," I whimpered as I found it suffocating to speak coherent words.

It felt as if my resistance gave him more determination to ruin me because suddenly, he tore my dress from the middle and left my upper body vulnerable to his greedy eyes.

Tears rolled down my face, drenching the pillow.

He ran his finger along the strap of my brasserie as if mocking my weakness.

"You're so beautiful," he whispered in a low voice.

He looked nothing less than possessed at that moment.

"Please stop," I tried my final attempt.

"I don't want to," he closed his eyes and began to kiss everywhere that my bra failed to cover.

He was finally done, and so was I.

He laid beside me and traced his index finger along my bare stomach.

"You have no idea about how much I'm holding back right now," he rested his hand on the curve of my waist, "but I guess this is enough for the night. You may go and change into another nightgown. Sorry about this one."

He apologized for ruining my dress but not me.

I couldn't move even after he let me.

"What are you waiting for? It's going to be unbearably cold, so change quickly, or do you want me to do it for you?" his tone was playful, but I found it threatening, so I got up swiftly.

Putting on a new gown, I took my time before laying back on the bed.

As soon as he noticed my presence, he wrapped his arms around me.

I couldn't wait for tomorrow to arrive because, for once, I'll be free from him.

I thought he was asleep because of the lack of movement, but then all of a sudden, he spoke.

"Will you miss me when I leave?"