x

~ D e s m o n d ~

A week had passed since I took her in, and the days became more intriguing and exciting for me.

I was just content in cuddling her every night, feeding her, and seeing her smile, which she forced whenever I insisted.

The best part about her was her intelligence. The way she never once tried to escape because she was aware of her circumstances.

I giggled to myself like a teenage boy who just got a crush while opening the door to our room.

There she was.

In the balcony, immersing herself in a book and trying to forget about her helplessness.

Taking slow steps, I got closer to her and closed her eyes with my hands while she sat on a chair with her back turned towards me.

"Guess who?"

I felt her sigh, "You're the only person I'm allowed to see for the past week, Desmond."

I chuckled and moved in front of her, "How's the book?"

She closed the book, giving me her complete attention, or maybe that was what I wanted to believe.

"It is good." She kept her answers short.

"What is it about?" I asked, trying to strike up a conversation.

She looked straight ahead of me, "It's about a queen who was captured by a nasty worthless king for his sick pleasures."

Ouch.

I had already checked what kind of books I would permit for her, and this was definitely not there in our library.

"Don't be meany so early in the morning, darling." I pulled her cheek.

She made me so light-hearted and carefree. Gosh, I'm losing it.

"C'mon, let's see my in-laws!" I pulled her along with me, and I knew I had stricken a nerve.

"What? I-I didn't even do anything wrong!" She argued as she struggled to keep up with my pace.

In the end, we were yet again standing in front of the gate that separated us from her parents.

In no time, we made our entry, and I could feel her looking at me with pleading eyes, which I'm afraid to look at.

"Good morning in-laws!" I chirped, "How's your day going?"

They looked tired and weak even though I made sure they were given proper food and necessities.

"What do you want, your Highness?" The King asked me, looking as if he had aged ten more years in the span of just one week.

I saw her looking at her parents with so much affection and care, and I could only watch this scene in jealousy.

"I told you before, the only thing I want is your daughter," I glanced at her, "and I already have her."

She looked uneasy and tried to wriggle her hand out of my grasp, and I let her.

"The main purpose of my visit is to announce our wedding!" I smiled from ear to ear.

"What?!" The three of them exclaimed at the same time.

"Yes!" I secured my Snowflake in a back hug and rested my chin on her shoulder, "Your daughter is absolutely amazing, and I see myself having a future with her. Right, sweetheart?"

I nuzzled my face in the crook of her neck intentionally for her parents to witness.

"Desmond, not here please," I heard her whisper so that her parents didn't hear. Too bad.

"Why Snowflake? You don't want my in-laws to see us like this? Why hide it now?"

"You crazy human! What did you do to my daughter?" Her mother was in action now.

It was too easy to piss off the people of Serendale.

"Why mother-in-law?" I feigned a blush, "I can't say it out loud."

I looked at my Snowflake and winked at her while she watched this scenario with her mouth agape.

I loved to create a misunderstanding here.

Her mom collapsed to the floor, and her father tended to her.

This was fun.

"Mother!" My girl exclaimed, and I tightened my hold around her waist.

"Stay still."

She looked at me with those eyes, which had become my weakness, "Why?"

"Why not?" I kissed her head and took her hand, intertwining our fingers.

"Do you want me to crush their hands?" I asked, pouting.

She shook her head quickly, "No."

"Then will you marry me, my Snowflake?"

She hung her head low while her parents' attention was diverted back to us.

"Yes."