ix

~ Z a y n a h ~

Desmond.

One name.

That one damn name.

I hated it.

But, I hated him more.

I was standing in his room's balcony, gazing forward towards the beautiful view in front of me. The kingdom looked fabulous from there.

But I couldn't take in its beauty as my mind couldn't stop thinking about that wretched human who changed my life with a snap of his fingers.

Even if he was the last human left on this planet, I'd still prefer to rot alone.

I let my head consume with such negative thoughts when I heard the bathroom door open.

I gulped in fear.

He was done taking a bath.

I was not ready to face him again. Or not ready to face him ever.

"The view is good?" I heard him ask as I refused to turn back and return to his room.

I just nodded in response.

Suddenly, I felt his arms wrap around me in a back hug that felt suffocating with his presence.

He rested his chin on my shoulder, "I asked whether the view is good?"

Crazy little...

"It is beautiful," I replied blankly.

"I'm glad you liked it." He adjusted my hair and began to nuzzle his face into my neck.

It was uncomfortable, to say the least.

How long was I supposed to put up with this? With him?

"You want me to stop?" He asked, stopping his unwanted act for a moment.

As if I ever had a choice to begin with.

"Yes." I still gave him my honest reply.

I chuckled, "You're just a package of surprises."

Oh, and you're just a package of mental illness.

"You have long hair," He pointed out, holding some strands in his fingers.

Yeah, and?

"Oh," I replied.

What did he want me to do with that revelation?

"It's beautiful." He rested his chin on my shoulder again, "but too long. Should I just cut it for you?"

What? No.

"No, I like long hair." I whispered but made my answer clear.

"Is that so?" He pressed his lips against my neck and pulled back, "But I like short hair."

So what?

"What do you mean, Desmond?" I asked, genuinely confused with his innuendos.

"I want you," He turned me to face him, "to cut your hair short."

I sighed. My parents were more important than my hair.

"Okay." I admitted my defeat yet again.

"Perfect!" He walked away, and I relaxed for a moment, but that didn't last long because he returned quickly holding a scissors.

He just got crazier with each day.

"So let's begin," He made chopping sound with that silver thing in his hand.

I closed my eyes and waited for the worst.

He wasted no time and began to chop off my hair. I could feel my long hair fall down caressing my shoulders.

"It's done!" His cheery tone was back.

I was about to open my eyes when I felt him close my eyes with his hands.

"Not now, I'll take you to the mirror."

He just pulled me and stopped somewhere before removing his hands.

I looked forward and found a full-length mirror standing before me that reflected a pitiful girl and a crazy monster.

"Gorgeous!" He held his hands together, admiring his art work, "My Snowflake is so gorgeous."

I examined myself.

He had shortened my hair till my shoulders.

I hate to admit it, but it didn't look bad. In fact, it looked good, but this haircut was forced upon me.

No matter how good it looked, it still reminded me of how much I was weak against him now.

I bitterly thought that he should've become a professional hair stylist instead of a king. At least, a kingdom would've been saved.

"You like it?" He asked eagerly.

I just nodded.

"Words." He said sternly, but his smile didn't waver a bit.

"I do." I replied with words.

He chuckled in amusement, "That sounded like taking an oath on weddings."

I refrained myself from rolling my eyes.

"How old are you?" He asked me with his unpredictable nature as strong as ever.

"I'm twenty," I answered.

He kidnapped a girl whose age he didn't even know. What if I was a minor? Would he still have done this?

"Oh, you're too young to be a Queen." He pointed out like a lot of people. "But you're capable for it."

And you snatched away my reign.

"I'm twenty-nine, by the way," He added, "Am I too old?" He asked with a laugh.

Yes. But it's not a problem compared to your trash personality.

"No." I said what he obviously wanted me to speak.

It was like he was putting words into my mouth even without me realizing.

"That's a relief," He smiled as if the age gap would've stopped him from executing his malicious actions.

He froze for a moment and stood before me closer, "I'll make you the Queen of the most powerful kingdom."

But I didn't want it.

"Oh," no more words left my mouth.

He placed his hands on either side of my face, "We'll live together forever."

It was neither a request nor a question and not even a promise.

It was a threat.

"Can I kiss you now?" He asked, already leaning in slowly.

I clutched the fabric of my gown tightly and waited for this nightmare to end.