xix

~ I c a r u s ~

"What was her name again?"

"It's Zaynah Serandale, your Highness."

"Zaynah." I whispered, "How did Desmond pull a queen like her?" I had heard that she never accepted any proposals and also never attended any balls. Totally untouchable.

"There are rumors that King Desmond had kidnapped her and kept her family captive. Serandale is also now under the control of him, but surprisingly, the people are treated well."

I nodded at my messenger.

"Why would he invite me for his Queen's coronation?" I leaned back against my throne.

Desmond and I never shared a pleasant relationship because we were both similar in a lot of aspects. We never openly fought or started a battle, but the Cold War was still present.

Then why?

"Maybe he just wants to show off his Queen, Your Highness."

"Hmm, that's possible. He is a cocky bastard."

Was his wife so special that he would invite his mortal enemy to attend her coronation ceremony?

"Are you going to Laxoire, my King?"

I rubbed my chin, "Of course! Let me see what's so good about his Queen."

"So when will you leave?"

"Today itself."

"But the ceremony is after two days, and also Laxoire is not so far - "

"I know, I just want to see around for a while, and I need a break." I rubbed my forehead in tiredness.

Ruling a kingdom was not so easy.

"General!"

He stepped forward, "Yes, Your Highness?"

"Take care of the kingdom's affairs for some days, I'll return soon."

"Yes, sir!"

Good.

Now I was free to leave.

Laxoire, here I come.