Prologue

It was my wedding  night. I was excited but equally nervous too. I have not seen my husband before. Strange? But no, from where I come from we are not allowed to see them before marriage .

Before I proceed let me tell you about me, I am Meera . I am 18 years old and studied till 12th. My parents passed away when I was too small to remember. I was bought up by my paternal uncles and aunts. In other words, they just waited for me to turn 18 so they can marry me off and be relieved of me. But I am not angry at them , at least they took care of me and even though they didn't allow me to study further they didn't  abuse me . I was content and at peace with them but I will not lie , sometimes their ignorance pinched my heart. People think that words hurt you but the truth is ignorance and avoidance are the worst. When someone scolds or become angry at you, at least for that time you are the center of that person's thought but ignorance simply states the fact that you are not even important for even a second of their thought.

Now coming back to the present, I only wish that my husband and new family care for me and I can get away from this feeling of loneliness.

Suddenly , the door opened. I saw my husband standing there with a frown on his face. I felt a little scared. He came inside, without talking to me he went to bathroom and changed his clothes. Without a single glance at me, he laid on his side , switched off the lights and slept.  I was perplexed to what just happened . My mind started, as usual, making excuses that he may be tired . I too changed my dress, laid on my side but sleep was far away . All I could think about was my husband, Adidev  and our life ahead.

Unknowingly,  I was blushing thinking about our future but alas how I would  have known the castle of dreams and hopes that I was  building on that night will fall apart miserably from the next day itself.