Chapter 54

Meera's POV

A hand snaked around my waist securing me safely in his arms. I looked into his eyes through the mirror as he placed his chin on my shoulder.

" You are looking just like a queen, my queen" he whispered

I couldn't stop the blush creeping onto my face. I tried to break free but it only made him hold me more tighter.

"What are you doing? We will be late for the baby shower."

" So what , the person for whom it is being held is there ,right? Nobody is going to notice if we are a little bit late"

" Really, Mom has already called me thrice in the past 2 hrs. She is saying guests have started arriving and they are asking for us"

"Ok... give me 5 min...." he released me reluctantly to get dressed.

As he was getting ready, I stood near the bed .

" Can you believe Deva how fast the past 5 months have gone..."

" It was fast...." saying this he once again wrapped his arm around me and continued, " ....but I really enjoyed it. I was also thinking something . We should not be too quick regarding the other baby. I think we should take our time"

I turned in his arms to look at his face hearing his serious tone.

My heartbeat quickened on Deva's words

" What happened, Deva? Don't you want another baby ? But you... only sugg..ested...." I couldn't continue as my voice have started quivering

Deva stared at me seriously then releasing a deep sigh , he caught my face in his hands and said

" Meera, I agree I was the one who suggested it but the past 5 months have made me aware that I have really....I mean REALLY...LOVED the process of making one"

For a moment there, I felt like my heart breaking until I saw the mischievous smile on Deva's face and then the meaning of his sentence sunk into my mind .

" Cheee...you have become so shameless" saying this I pushed him and broke free from his arms.

" What shameless.... when people ask us about babies , then it is not shameless and if I said the same thing in different way, then I am shameless"

I gawked at him with no words coming out of my mouth

" What happened....no words now. You people are all hypocrites"

"I don't have time for this , get ready and come down. I am waiting"

Without further ado, I left the room. As I closed the door behind me, I could hear Deva's booming laughter and my face turned into a dark shade of red.

Adidev's POV

Throughout the shower, my eyes were following Meera while she was trying her best to avoid my glance. I knew that she was really embarrassed with what happened earlier but what to do, I have started loving teasing her.

" What is cooking? " I heard the voice of my 'nemesis'

" Should there always be something cooking?"

" With you both , Yes" she said confidently

I was looking at her in surprise when someone nudged me on my shoulder

" What is happening between you two?"

I turned to look at Saahil and glared

" Is there no privacy between couples now?"

" Oh.... See Megha... now he don't need us " Saahil complained

" Very true..... palam kadakuvoolam narayana, palam kadanaal koorayana" huffed Megha

We both stared at her in confusion and luckily for us Abhi came to our rescue.

" It is a proverb in Malayalam that we pray to God till we cross the bridge and after that we do not" he explained

" Oh..." we both finally said in understanding.

" What you said is exactly right, Megha" Saahil immediately went near her in support

I scowled at them while they scowled at me back and our scowling session was interrupted by Abhi.

" What are you both doing? You are acting worse than kids. Come on, there are lot of private things between a husband and wife. He don't ask you people, so give him back the same courtesy"

" Thank you, at least one of my friend is mature" I said pleased with his support

" Who told him not to ask?" Both retorted simultaneously

Saahil and Megha looked at each other giggling and hified like kids

Me and Abhi looked at each other in defeat. I realized it is better to leave the area before I could be further pulled back into the conversation.

With a nod at Abhi, I made my escape while the other two were still giggling over their 'supposed joke'.

I went over to Meera where she was enjoying the function.

"Adi, when are you going to plan for more kids or have you both stopped with these two" one of my relatives asked at that moment

I saw Meera's eyes widen while I was trying my level best to suppress the laughter from breaking out

" Yes... Yes... Do not be late, then this baby will also have a cousin similar to age like Anshu and Devu" another of my relative added while all the others nodded in acknowledgement.

"So who is more shameless me or them" I whispered near Meera's ears.

She glanced at me astounded

Taking the opportunity, I said,

" Their wish is my command" and enjoyed the deep blush on my wife's face for the second time.