Chapter 41

Meera's POV

" Do you really think this is necessary?"

" Of course... Sapna,you make her understand "

I looked over at Sapna who gave me a sympathetic look

" Megha, maybe Meera is not comfortable wearing western clothes"

" You too, Brutus?" Megha glared at Sapna

" Meera, you try this . If you are uncomfortable in any manner , we will change to Indian. Deal?" Sapna looked at both of us in turn

" Deal" I said

" Deal" Reluctantly Megha also agreed

For the next two hours , I was just a doll in their hands.

" Over" Megha declared

" Finally" I said earning a stink eye from Megha

I turned to look at the mirror and was shocked

" What do you think? " Sapna asked

" I look different"

" Good different or bad different"

Without turning , I answered Megha

" I look beautiful"

Megha hugged me from behind

" You always were beautiful , just you were blind to it" she then gave me a peck on my cheek

" You know , Right now Adi would love to be in place of Megha" Sapna said to me teasingly

I turned bright red while Megha laughed out loud.

" So what do you think . Are you comfortable?" Megha asked

I could see the concern for me in her eyes. Even though she browbeats me into trying new things, I know she wants only my best

" No, it is not as uncomfortable as I thought it would be. To be honest , it is very much comfortable "

" Thats what I have been saying ,girl" Megha said with a brilliant smile.

" Now you wait here, come down only after half an hour" Sapna advised me

After they left the room, I was left behind twiddling my thumbs. I was both excited as well as nervous. Don't know what the night have in store for me.

Adidev's POV

" So everything set"

I nodded my head to Saahil's query.

" Nervous, aren't you" Abhi asked with a smirk

" Terrified" I admitted

Suddenly , I could hear these fools howling their hearts out. I was glaring at them when I saw Sapna and Megha coming down the stairs.

" I hope you treat her good, otherwise you will be answerable to me" Megha said in a threatening voice

" Come on Megha, What did you do?" Abhi rebuked

I was feeling satisfied but his next statement made me glare at him.

" That is my dialogue" Turning to me he
held my shoulder and said, " Take GOOD care of my SISTER "

" This time, we are with them too" Saahil added

I looked at all four, especially Megha and Abhi who have become a shield to Meera

" I would not have it any other way" I said looking at Saahil, then to Meera's bodyguards, " I will take good care of her, Thank you all of you"

We all shared a smile. Saahil and Sapna took their leave while Abhi and Megha left with the kids. Devu and Anshu will be staying the night with them .

I was anxiously waiting for Meera when I heard a clicking sound. I turned to the stairs to see an ethereal beauty standing there. At our wedding, she was a beautiful girl with innocence sparkling off her while now she has become a gorgeous woman whose innocence makes her more attractive. I was staring at her without blinking my eyes.

" Hrrmmm...Hrrmmmm" She then touched me to bring me back to reality.

I looked at her intensely while she was looking at everything but me.

" You are looking very beautiful" I whispered in her ears.

At that, she looked at me and we had a beautiful eyelock. It seemed like our eyes were doing all the talking.

" Let's go?"

She nodded

" Where are we going?"

Without taking my eyes from the road, I gave a smile and said, " Its a surprise"

I saw her pouting behind my back. She looked so cute.

Finally we reached our destination.

Meera's POV

I gasped on seeing the arrangements. There were flower petals spread through out the path. It was my favorite , yellow roses. As far as I can see , there were fairy lights everywhere.

Deva extended his hand , I gave mine in his without any hesitation this time and we walked together among the flowers and lights.

At the end of the path, I saw a table with similar setup of candles and flowers. There were food arranged at the side.

" I had asked them to set everything and leave us be" Deva explained to my unvoiced question

He was a perfect gentleman and pulled out the chair for me. As we sat down, he began to serve us . I was surprised to see all my favorite dishes in front.

" I may have ignored you but I was not ignorant of you"

I am really happy today.

The bright moon, the gentle breeze, the mesmerizing smell of flowers and the twinkling lights with Deva in front of me.

It feels like a beautiful dream.... a dream from which I never want to wake up.