Chapter 46

Adidev's POV

Meera was looking  in wonder at the lights and flower arrangements  I made throughout the terrace.

" Deva...."

" Today was a good day so thought to end it fabulously"

I extended my palm for her which she took with a shy smile.

I walked with her among the fragrance to the table placed in the center.

She frowned seeing the plates on it.

" Deva, we had our dinner, so what is all this?"

" We had our dinner but not this, right?"

With a mischievous  smile , I pulled off the cover of the plates with a dramatic flair.

I felt like all my efforts were rewarded on seeing the astonishment on Meera's face which gave way to her brilliant  smile.

I had arranged all her favorites,  panipuri, dahi vada, kachori and kulfi.

" Devu and Anshu will be mad at you that you didn't call them for this midnight party"  she said with a smirk

I too smirked and bend towards her. I saw her breath hitch for a moment on my closeness but I didn't stop and whispered in her ears,

" How will they know until someone tells on me.... As you rightly said, this is a midnight party...not for kids"

I pulled back and now looking deeply into her eyes , I repeated

" Not at all for kids"

She blushed hard at that and looked away

" What is this? "

I saw her looking at the projector and the other arrangements I made for the night.

" Movie night"

"Really..."

Her happiness was evident on her face and I genuinely  wished that I could maintain this throughout her life.

We took the food and arranged it in front of the projector to watch the movie

" Which movie are we watching?"

" Ours"  She was perplexed by my reply

" We spend the last 8 years together but we didn't live it. So today I want to LIVE those moments again with YOU"

" Deva...." her voiced filled with love was my undoing. I took her in my arms and with all the  love in my heart I kissed her forehead. Still holding her, we sat to watch our life in print.

Our wedding pictures flashed....

" You look so beautiful, sorry for not telling you that day"

Our first anniversary party...

" I wanted to tell you that you are the best thing that happened to me"

Hearing my words for each picture she curled more and more into me. I knew she was becoming emotional and crying as evident by the tears falling on my shirt.

" From where did you get this picture?"

It was a picture of Meera, sitting on the balcony looking up at the stars. Her face reflected both sadness and contentment.

" This was after our first...." I trailed off
" I wanted to tell you how you completed me but I was a coward"

There was utter silence for a while

The next pictures began flashing. Seeing them Meera turned to me with confusion

" After that, I used to click your pictures . Don't ask me why because I myself don't know . Maybe that was my way of keeping you close to me"

Meera turned her eyes back to the screen , to look at the pictures she has never seen before.

" This is one of my favorites "

The picture showed Meera cuddled on the sofa with her arms protectively covering her belly

" You made me the happiest man alive with the news of your pregnancy but I didn't know how my unsaid words hurt you."

There were lots of pictures of Meera at different stages of pregnancy, most of them taken without her knowledge. Finally, Our Baby shower....

" Seeing you on that couch with your bright smile and swollen belly, I felt like I conquered the world. I wanted everything perfect for you during your pregnancy. I tried to be there for you but I wasn't,  was I?"  I asked Meera with pain in my eyes

" No, Deva .... you were there. I remember  how you used to take care of me. My foods , my appointments.... you always were on top of that..."

" But you couldn't  tell me about your cravings , about the mood swings... you hid that from me.... " I said devastatingly

" I didn't  tell you about my mood swings as I was not sure about you...your reaction.... "

Those honest words pierced my heart but I continued  to listen

" It is the truth that we had an invisible  line between us at that time but that doesn't mean that you didn't  take care of me. At one point, I was even jealous of Devu and Anshu as you were taking such good care of me for them even before they were born. I knew then and there that you will be a great father."

" Yes, I took care of you but not just because of the babies. They actually  became a reason for me to be close to you, care for you.... my first priority was always you even though I did not accept it openly"

I was shocked to know that she thought I only cared for the babies but truth to be told , I should not be as our actions led Meera to this conclusion.

I could see Meera was really overwhelmed  by my words.

" I am once again sorry . I know it is too small a word but...."

Meera closed my mouth with her hands

" We have moved past that , now no going back. By the by, even if I have told you my cravings you would not have allowed it. " she said fake glaring at me

I looked at her puzzled

" Dont you remember  how you argued with Mom over the use of oil. You really made a fuss over what is healthy  and what is unhealthy. You had really become a tyrant over food during that period. So even if I could, I would not have told you about my cravings and listen to you lecture on about healthy foods " Meera said mockingly

I smiled at her sheepishly

We were staring at each other when the click from the projector  brought us back to the present.  The next picture brought a gasp from Meera.

Meera was staring at the picture in which she was holding our munchkins in her arms. Even though she looked tired, the photo most importantly  captured the happiness reflecting in her eyes as she looked at them adoringly.

"My family, my life captured for eternity. This is my favorite picture as  this is the moment I fell irrevocably in love with you"