Chapter 21

Adidev's POV

A file landed on my desk making me look at the newcomer.

" You got it ?" I asked

Saahil raised his eyebrows as an answer

I looked through the file. Even though it was what I wanted. It was a bittersweet  achievement.

" Isn't this what you wanted?" Saahil questioned.

" It is, but what I hold in my hands is the cause of Meera's anguish. So how can I feel happy over this but yes I am satisfied. This is Meera's right and NOBODY will ever take away her rights"

" How is she? " Saahil enquired

" She is keeping herself distant from the day of the confrontation.  Most of the time she spends with the kids. I am trying to give her space but it is becoming difficult  day by day. Its already been more than 3 weeks"

" You have given up in 3 weeks?" Saahil asked me mockingly

" I can wait forever but it is difficult..."

Silence spread between us. For once in his lifetime  Saahil was at a loss of words. Sensing his discomfort , I smiled at him.

" I am good, Saahil. Whatever is coming at me is of my own doing. But I know we will get our happily ever after even if it takes another 8 years."

Saahil smiled at me encouragingly

" Yes, you will at least Meera will"

I chuckled  at his cheekiness.

" Papa..." Anshu rushed towards me as I reached home

I could see he was really excited. He dragged me to the living room where everyone was sitting.

" Papa....Papa... Come sit, I need to tell you all an exciting news"

" What is it , Anshu?"

I could see he was bursting to tell.

" Papa... you remember  how I told you about my play"

" The one where you got the lead and your best friend also wanted that role?"

" Yes, Papa. "

" What about it ? "

Seeing the twinkle in his eyes I could tell that he was able to do what he set out to do

"You made up with him, didn't you?"  I asked him

" Yes , Papa Anshu had a fabulous  idea to make up to him" Devu added

I looked at Anshu who had a wide smile on his face

" I came up with an idea of a new play with two leads. " Anshu said proudly

" They agreed to write a new play on your request? " asked Anaant doubtfully

I was also wondering  how school agreed to change the play itself on just Anshu's request

"YES "  Anshu screamed in his excitement

" What? They just rewrote everything  so you can make it up to your friend?" I asked unbelievably

" No, Papa. It is actually..." Before Devu could complete Anshu interjected

" It is a surprise.  When you all come to the play tomorrow ,you will know. You all will come, right? " he asked hopefully

" Of course  , my son is performing  for the first time. How could I ever miss it "

" Of course we will come . No doubt about it " Anaant replied

" I will never miss my Grandson's acting"  Dad said

I could see Anshu was on cloud nine. In between all these, my eyes were looking for the one person who was missing,  Meera.

I was going to ask the kids about their mother when I saw the silent communication  happening  between them.  There was something they were hiding from me. But before I could think it further, I saw Meera entering the room with tea for everyone. 

" Mamma, I need to show you something" saying this Anshu dragged Meera out of the room. I could hear Meera's laughter mingled with happiness on her way out. Even though I didn't get a moment alone with her.  Her laughter brought a content smile on my face too.

I was looking at the twinkling  stars when I felt her presence beside me, after 3 whole weeks.

I turned to look at her. She was staring at the stars. I knew she wanted to talk to me so I waited. Few minutes passed, still she was silent.

" You want to say something  to me" I finally asked

She looked at me on hearing my voice.

" Tomorrow  it is school day at kids school. They are conducting a play and Anshu is in it. "

" Hmmm... Anshu told me . He is really excited"

" Will you be coming tomorrow?"  she asked me tentatively

I looked surprisingly  at her . She knows that whatever may be our issues , I have never stood back in the matter of kids.

" Of course , I am. Is that even a question"

" No, I just wanted to confirm as it is weekday..... ok then.... good night" saying this she hurriedly went inside

I stood there analyzing her behavior.  It somehow felt like SHE was nervous about tomorrow  and more importantly  didn't want me there.