Chapter 56

Adidev's POV

Dreams are beautiful but this reality is heaven.... My wife snuggled in my arms carrying our child.....No words can express the beauty of it.

When I entered the room tonight, I never imagined my night would end like this. I could see that she was tensed about something and I was just trying to distract her but instead I got sidetracked.

I chuckled remembering how I got diverted.Her innocent eyes are my undoing every single time....

I am pregnant

The rush of joy I felt on hearing those words from HER is indescribable. Unlike last time ,I was able to share it with my love and that made it all the more special. I enjoyed every phase and milestone last time too but each emotions gets multiplied when you are able to share it with the ONE.

I kept my hands on her stomach and a smile automatically  spread on my face. The love in that moment was increased hundred fold by this news. Meera had chosen the perfect time to reveal her pregnancy. To know about your child while basking in the love of your partner is a feeling better left to be experienced rather than said.

With one arm wrapped around her shoulders and the other protectively  around her waist, I too slipped into the world of dreams......

By the time we reached Mom and Dad's , everyone had already arrived.

" Why are you both late? You know how looonnng we have been waiting for you? What do you want to tell us all together? Hope nothing serious" Megha was shooting questions back to back

" Megha, give an opening  so that they can at least answer " Megha gave a sheepish smile on hearing Abhi

" What is the matter, Adi?" Mom enquired nervously.  I know she is thinking about the time when I called everyone to announce my decision to leave the house.

" There is something  important that we want to share, as you all are integral part of our lives..." I glanced at everyone before continuing, "All of you have been a witness to our ups and downs ......."

" Why are you stalling.... spill the matter" Saahil said irritably  when I paused in middle

Different emotions were playing  on each one of their faces.  Mom and Dad's face showed their worry, Anaant, Payal and Sapna were tensed, Saahil as usual was irritated, Abhi was calm while Megha's face showed impatience and curiosity.

" How can I just spill it ? It is a matter of our lives especially the four of us " I said in a serious tone.

My tone was enough to charge the already tense atmosphere.

Understanding what I am doing, Meera pinched me on my arm and gave me a glare.

Giving her a slight smirk I moved ahead and drawing all the acting skills I continued,

" All of you were standing with us in our hardships.... rooting for us but sometimes forgetting and forgiving is just not enough. Our hearts cannot be pacified with just a sorry. A sorry is just a word if it is not followed by actions. Today I stand...we stand before you all due to those actions..." I trailed off to a pin drop silence in the room

Seeing Meera's disapproving look, I thought to end their torture

" WE ARE PREGNANT"

" Adi, don't do this. We know you both can work on this " Mom wailed

" Did you talk with the counselor? Maybe she can help?" Saahil's voice was filled with concern

Everyone started talking at once and giving us different  advice