Chapter 31

Adidev's POV

Life has changed a lot in the past two months. Our shift , Meera's  job all have brought a positive influence  to our life.

I always used to envy Anaant on his marital bliss but for the first time I am experiencing  the same. Instead of a married man of 8 years, I feel like a newly married man. I feel the same excitement,  giddiness and nervousness whenever I am in front of her. 

I was having a big wide smile on my face and it became even bigger on seeing the reason for the same coming towards me. My life , my family , my Meera and our kids.

Just then they stopped and turned to look at someone behind.  I saw a handsome man around Meera's  age coming to talk to her. Even though they may have talked for less than 5 minutes but for me it was like they have been talking for hours.

I had made up my mind to interrupt them when I saw Meera erupting into fits of laughter by what the other guy said. I don't why but I was feeling so angry that if the guy was standing in front of me, I would have ripped him to pieces.

As I was having these murderous thoughts, I heard someone calling me

" Papa....Papa"

I looked around to see that my kids and Meera had reached near me and  looking at me with a puzzled expression.  Along with them , I saw the stranger also standing beside Meera. This was enough to boil my blood and I was clenching and unclenching my fist to control my temper.

" Papa, where are you lost? Do you know how long we have been calling you?" Anshu asked

I saw Meera also looking at me with concern which somewhat pacified me.

" Nothing, some office issues" I tried to brush the matter under the rug

" Papa, I want you to meet our new English Sir" Devu introduced the stranger to me

" Hello, Mr Tripati. Myself Samay Sharma. You have got a very beautiful family" he complimented me

" Thank you  and I agree I have got a beautiful family and an exceptionally beautiful wife too" I said pointedly and pulled Meera by her waist towards me.

Meera was literally surprised by my this move. She was openly gawking at me

" Darling, what will Mr Sharma think , if you look at me like this" I teased her mercilessly

She was blushing uncontrollably  and I felt good that I was the one to bring colour to her cheeks.

" Principal Sir has asked me and Mr Sharma to put together next year's play" Meera suddenly changed the topic to escape from the current scenario

But she didn't realize that it only  spoiled my mood further

" Why do you need to work together NOW for NEXT years play"  I asked while frowning internally

" Mr. Tripati, after last play's success, Principal Sir doesn't want to recreate plays , instead have given us  the responsibility to write new ones and as you know good play takes good amount of time" he replied.

I was still reeling from the shock that this guy, who made my wife laugh, is going to work closely with her when his next statement  literally made me tremble with anger

" You are extremely talented that I think we will have another superb play" he said to Meera

" You are very kind with your words, Mr Sharma. It is I who should be thankful that I get to work under your great expertise"

Hearing my wife praising another guy in front of me was the last straw.

Gritting my teeth, " Its late , we have to leave " I interrupted them suddenly before I blow my fuse in front of my kids

Meera stared at me seeing my rudeness.

" He is right, we are late ... So bye....Kids say bye " Meera also said after giving me a perplexed look.

" Byee Siiirrr" my kids screamed at him

" Bye, kids"  he laughingly replied and turned to me and said , " It was nice meeting you"

Putting on a false smile on my face , I shook his hand good bye.

Once in car, an ominous silence prevailed. Other three could understand,  I was very angry but not the reason. Even I couldn't fully comprehend why I am getting  this angry.

" Is there any problem? " I could hear Meera' s gentle voice

I looked over to see my kids and Meera looking at me very nervously. Seeing my family scared of me doused my anger in a second.

" I am sorry. I have a headache thats why  I got angry. Sorry kids"

"Its ok Papa, we also throw tantrums when we are not well so we understand" it was Anshu who said this, making me more ashamed

I was actually acting like a kid and throwing tantrums. But WHY is the question  plaguing  my mind.

But for now I smiled at my family to ease them and got the reward in the form of the squealing of my kids.