Epilogue

Adidev's POV

I was standing aside, watching the happy faces of my family and friends especially of my wife, Meera.

Today is the naming  ceremony  of our son . As he was born early , it took us nearly one month, before he could be brought home. Once he was home, Mom didn't waste time in organizing  the function. Doctor has advised us minimal exposure so we have kept it very small . Only with close friends and family.

Nowadays, I am reliving all the moments that we have missed in the past.

My lips curved into a smile on one such memory.

" Deva... Its enough ...I am full"

" No ... you have to complete this. It is only one apple , Meera"

" An apple a day keeps the doctor away" Devu supplied

" See, even Devu knows" I said while Meera pouted.

" Come on... Last one" I pleaded with my eyes

" But I  am  full....See"

To emphasize  her point , she kept my hand on her tummy.

Suddenly, both our eyes widen with surprise which turned into insurmountable  joy.

Our baby kicked

" Ba..by ki..cked" Meera said in awe

Both our eyes welled up experiencing this special moment together for the first time

" Baby....kicked...? We too want to feel" Kids rushed to us and put their hand on top of us.

Again a kick came and we all started smiling at each other.

"The baby recognizes his/her family"

" Really Papa..." Devu asked excitedly

" We are also eager to meet you, baby" Anshu whispered near Meera's  stomach.

Meera held my fingers tightly as we shared this beautiful moment of our life

" Congratulations..."

I came out of my thoughts and turned to see our counselor standing at the door.

" Thank you so much and please come inside" I invited her in

" I can't stay for much longer but I had to come. You both were one of my special cases...." she looked over at a laughing Meera, " ...and it is good to see her laughing  so freely"

" Credit goes to you. I never thought this day would come. Sitting on a high horse, I did many mistakes with her but even when I realized it, I didn't know how to go about it. I didn't expect a happily ever after, in the wake of what I have done. If we are happy , it's all due to you"

" We are just a medium. If the couple who cones to me is not ready to move forward, then I am also helpless. I can show the path, it is always upto them to decide whether they want to walk on it. In your case, I knew  you wanted this to work but I was concerned for Meera. I prefer a marriage to work based on trust, respect and love.  Initially I was skeptical  regarding your need to make this work too. I knew you were feeling  guilt and regret but that should not be the reason for a marriage.  Similarly  with Meera, I wanted the woman in her to decide not the mother..... Personally, I condemn what you and your family did to a naive girl....but have also seen her love towards you all. Unknowingly, I also became emotionally invested in your case and  saw an innocent, soft spoken, naive girl turning into a confident woman but still maintaining the innocence in her. I sure gave her the directions but you gave her the wings. A little advice, in a marriage communication is the key not only to express our feelings but also to listen. So if you both are happy , then the major chunk of  credit goes to both of you only "

" But still thank you "

" Come on , Mr Tripati. No need for thanks. I was just doing my job but this was one case that I too got immense happiness.  Anyways, let me go and meet Meera and your son. Otherwise I would be late for my next appointment"

I watched her walking towards Meera as my past began to flash before my eyes .

How my anger destroyed the first years of my marriage then my fear.....

How one day changed my whole perception.....

How one day we changed from victim to the guilty party.....

But after realizing the truth, I never thought Meera would be able to accept us with full heart but again I was proved wrong.

My Meera's heart is so pure that she let bygones be bygones.

I always will have the regret that I never listened to the voice of my heart...

Now my whole purpose in life is to see that a smile always adores my Meera's lips and not to ever shy away from my first duty of love ...... to listen.

Meera's POV

I have become a true believer of how destiny can change in a moment. Mine changed 2.5 years ago when the truth came out.

I still remember the 18 year old me who entered this house with dreams of happily ever after and prince charming  which were shattered brutally.  Over the years my hope died and  I accepted my life for what it is . But THAT DAY brought a 180 degree turn in my life  .

Truth was a harder pill to swallow but this time the storm was easier to face as I was not alone. Deva held my hand securely in his.

I then saw a new side of Deva . A Deva who moved heaven and earth to remove my pain and shower me with happiness. 

I was first not happy with his decision  to move but in retrospect that was one of the best decisions which made our bond stronger.

He was also the one who was adamant that I must become independent and experience  the world that I missed. He motivated  me to take the job at school which by the by I am ENJOYING....

Now, after the baby when I thought to take a few years break, he is again  against it. He is encouraging  me to return to work as soon as possible. He is making arrangements so neither the baby suffers nor I suffer in guilt.

When he  suggested counseling to improve our relationship,  I was skeptical  about that too but it opened my eyes to the woman in me.

I will never be able to forget what happened but his each actions after THAT DAY helped me to let it go.

If I lost something in the past then I gained much more in the present.

I looked around to my family and friends . The family in which I am finally accepted . I am now not outside,  looking in. 

My soul sister, Megha whom I can trust with my eyes closed, who will go to any extent for my happiness. 

Finally but most importantly my Deva and my kids, Anshu, Devu and the latest addition to our family, Devarsh , our Arsh.

I know in this journey, along with flowers I may face thorns too but now I am not scared as i have my Deva beside me.

After a decade, my dream became a reality.  I got my happily ever after with my prince charming.

Suddenly, I felt a hand around my waist.

" I Love You" he whispered in my ears

" I Love You too" I replied  with a smile and pecked his cheek.

With smiles on our lips and happiness  in our eyes, we turned to look at our family .

Author's POV

Meera and Deva's story does not end here. This is only their beginning....