Chapter 9

Meera's POV

I have heard that life changes in the blink of an eye , now I am experiencing  the same. It is scaring me a little. All the ups and downs of life have made me a little paranoid.  I am questioning  how long this happiness  will last. Looking at my kids and Deva , I wanted to believe in what I see but the past is not letting me relax.

" Yay... we reached home"

The happy scream of my children brought me back from my thoughts.

Yes we are back home.

My children were excitedly sharing their stories with everyone and all of them seemed very enthralled  with their stories.
I thought to just slip away to my room.

" How was the trip, Bhabhi?"

The question from an unexpected source stopped me in my tracks . I looked at Anaant wide eyed. In all these years, he had never spoken to me directly and suddenly this.

" Hope you had a nice and relaxing time with Bhai..." he teased me.

This time I actually turned back to see if there was someone else to whom he was addressing.

" Meera, take the kids and freshen up. After all you will be tired after a long journey" Dad said

" Yes and don't worry about dinner. I will make it especially  for my daughter and grandkids"

If what Dad said surprised me, Mom's statement was nothing short of a shock.

Sensing my bewilderment, Deva came to my rescue and asked me take the kids up. I took that opportunity to escape from an awkward situation.

Once I was in the room , I couldn't  stop myself from thinking about what happened earlier.

"Did that really happened or am I so tired that I am hallucinating"

" You are not hallucinating " Deva replied while coming into the room.

I just stared at him.

" I know you have lot of questions and I will answer them all but before  that take some rest. Mom sent tea and snacks, kids already had theirs. They were so tired that they slept off immediately "

I could only nod and sat down to have my tea. I was startled to see Deva sitting  beside me to have his tea.

" What" he asked seeing my confusion

" Don't you want to spend time with your family?" I asked

" I am with my family" then I felt his hand on top of mine and as I looked at him, he gave me a gentle smile and closed his eyes briefly indicating  everything  will be fine. On his this gesture, I was somewhat relieved , keyword somewhat....

Adidev's POV

After Meera and kids left for the room, I glared at my brother

" What" he asked

" Really, in the past 8 years not once you talked to her and now you are teasing her"

" I know  I know , I have lot to make up for" he said regretfully

But his next words even shocked my parents

" How long do you think it will take to make up for 8 years of not teasing?"

" Payal, get him admitted.  I think he has gone crazy." Then I turned to Mom and Dad," I can at least understand  Anaant but Mom Dad , you two... Didn't you see how uncomfortable  Meera was feeling.  8 years Mom .... 8 years she was left out and suddenly with no explanation you all are acting like this"

Suddenly Payal started giggling.

We were all looking  at Payal strangely when she said, " It was really funny the way Bhabhi was looking here and there as if Anaant may be teasing someone  else"

This brought out a smile on all our faces but we sobered very quickly realizing that our actions had led to that situation.

" When will you talk to her?  I need to ask forgiveness  from my Shweta's  daughter. I couldn't go another day with this guilt" saying this Mom broke down crying.

" We cannot ask her Uncle. He passed away six months from your marriage "
Dad said to me while consoling Mom.

" Only hope is Bhabi... we need to ask her . At the very least she needs to know the reason for our actions. As Mom said , this guilt is killing me" Anaant said

" I think all of you are right. But we will all talk together because this time Meera needs her whole family. Let her rest for some time. After dinner we will talk. "

" Ok then . Adi, take tea and snacks for both of you" Mom said as I was going.

The sight on entering my room was the most cutest thing I have ever witnessed. Meera was talking and convincing herself what all happened may be just her hallucination.

" You are not hallucinating " I said as I entered the room.

One look at her face and I knew that lot of questions  were swirling  in her minds. Lot of things have changed in the span of few days that her condition  was understandable.

When I sat with her for tea, her one question was enough for me to understand her insecurities. I tried to make her understand that I am with her and even though her face showed relief , her eyes still reflected the storm underneath.