Chapter 22

Adidev's POV

I rushed towards the auditorium. I was berating myself for being late while at the same time trying to find a seat.

" Bhai" I heard Anaant's voice

I looked over to see Anaant beckoning me over.

" Why are you so late" Mom started to scold me

" I didn't mean to, the meeting ran over" I replied then not seeing Meera among them, I asked, " Where is Meera?"

" Bhabhi and Devu is with Anshu " Payal replied

I really wanted her beside me for our Anshu's first performance. As I was thinking about it, the lights went off for the start of the play.

At the end, everyone  enjoyed the play. It was really great. The story, screenplay ,costume, set , everything  was on point. Most importantly the kids enjoyed while performing.

" Thank you .... Thank you everyone" I heard Anshu's Principal addressing the crowd.
" I would like to take this opportunity  to give a big round of applause to the children whose hardwork and dedication have finally paid off . I also would like to thank the teachers who have put their utmost effort in organizing  and bringing this event to a fruitful completion. Last but not the least, one person requires a standing ovation for her effort in putting a play worth reliving.  Every year we used to have the same play with little tweaks here and there but this year one of our students , brought forward the idea of a completely  different play. So a big round of applause  for Devansh for this initiative "

I had a proud smile on my face but my eyes were searching the one I was missing a lot. I wanted to share this moment with her.

" To be honest," Principal continued,  "we were not sure whether we could pull it off at the last moment.  But he was completely confident and not only that he brought us a person who was able to pull this off. Not only the person wrote the story and screenplay, she did the sets, costumes and prepared the kids for the play. For the first time, I have seen four year olds not missing their lines. "

Hearing this everyone in the auditorium began to laugh good heartedly.

" So please welcome on this stage , the person responsible  for putting up this amazing play,  Devansh's Mother , Ms Meera Adidev Tripati.

Shock would be an understatement  for what I felt on hearing Meera's name. I thought maybe I misheard until I saw Meera walking onto the stage holding Anshu's hand.

" Adi, did you know about this" Dad asked

I can feel that they were all surprised by the turn of events but none more than me.

" No, Dad. I knew Meera  likes to write but this.... I had no idea" I replied.

We were all looking at Meera with surprise when we heard teacher asking  Meera to say a few words.

I saw Meera was nervous but still she took the mike in her hands. She looked towards the crowd and in that instant her eyes locked with mine. I could read the fear in hers. I nodded encouragingly at her to continue. She looked at me for a few seconds.

" The  full credit goes to the kids only. I just want to thank the teachers and Principal for giving me this opportunity.  It was an absolute  pleasure working with you all. Another thanks to all you parents for their undivided support in making this a success. Once again , Thank you" Meera said in her soft but confident voice.

There was a loud applause after her speech, loudest being me.

" Wow, your son's performance  was amazing. He is a born actor" one of the parent to whom I was talking told me.

"Yes , I agree but your wife is also not less than a Rockstar. She organized the whole play. Managing one kid is difficult  for us at home and here she brought together a play of 20-25 kids . Amazing" another parent commented

A parent who was just passing by stopped and said " Oh, so you are Meera Tripati's husband? Congratulations  to both your son and wife. You must be proud today"

I smiled wholeheartedly.  Today, I was not just a proud father but a proud husband too. Husband of Meera Adidev Tripati.