Chapter 2

Adidev's POV

I was sitting in my office. Due to the wedding , work had piled up. At that moment my secretary came and gave me the wedding album. I still couldn't believe my cute little sister is married. Even if it's only been a couple of weeks, I miss her. I know she is happy after all Rishi loves her to moon and back. My brother is also settled with the love of his life and I am.......content.

Seeing my siblings happy sometimes I wonder whether being content is enough. I am not complaining, I have my kids and Meera is a good wife and daughter in law but after what she did that day , I couldn't make her part of my family even if I try.

I don't want to marry, if I have to then I will kill myself

It's touch and go, you bought him at the right time otherwise we will not have been able to save him

I agree they did us a big favor, they saved our life then but now asking to sacrifice the same. Fine then we will repay that's it but she will never be part of my family

A knock at the door brought me back from my thoughts. At the door stood my best friend Saahil. He is the only one who knows me in and out. He was grinning like an idiot.

" Oye , finally got time to grace us with your presence"

Saahil's smile widened if that is even possible .
" So finally you realized my importance", he replied.

We just looked at each other for a few minutes then started to laugh.

" Where were you? How is Sapna?" , I asked

" I know I know I have been not able to contact you after the wedding but what to do, got really busy with work and now I think I will be super busy and  have come to you for your experienced advice"

I was confused about what he was speaking. Looking at my confusion he continued with a twinkle in his eyes,
" Me and Sapna are pregnant"

Surprised was small word for what I felt. I was overjoyed for my best friend. I know how he longed for kids. It was evident everytime  he looked at Anshu and Devu. They have been trying for 5 years and now finally their prayers got answered. 

I can see his happiness,relief, excitement,  nervousness everything on his face.

" So how is she? " I asked

" What to say yaar, her mood swings have already started.  She is making my life hell" he complained

I laughed at his childishness.

" Laugh Laugh , is there anything else you will do. Arey, tell me yaar, how did you handle Meera Bhabhi"

This wiped away my smile. Sensing my change , Saahil realized what he said.

" Sorry yaar, I didn't  mean it like that " he was apologetic.

" I know, leave it . Today is a good day and this is a fabulous news . Dont cloud it with anything else. So tell me when you are giving party"

" When you say. Anyways next week, we will come to your home and we will tell Aunty and Uncle . Don't you dare tell anything to them before that"

" My lips are sealed" I said

After talking for some time, Saahil took his leave. My mind went back to the conversation.

I was the most excited when I knew I was going to be a father. I used to take care of Meera's diet and doctor's appointments.  I was a hands on father. I remember each and every moment of that period but what I don't remember  is Meera ever being needy or cranky. She didn't  have mood swings as Saahil described. She followed my every instruction to the T. I always thought she had a relatively easy pregnancy , but did she?

Why are you standing here, you know its not good to stand for too long

I was just looking at that Paanipuri vendor

What is there to look at. Go inside and keep your feet up

Did she crave for paanipuri? Why didn't she tell me. I always made sure she was comfortable and fulfilled my duty.

A sigh escaped from my lips. Shaking myself out of past, I started focusing  on my work. I wanted to reach home earlier today. I have promised my prince and princess that their dad will play with them . I don't want to break their hearts by breaking my promise. They are my everything . Thinking of them immediately  brings a happiness  to my heart and smile on my lips. For them, everything  was worth it. I am happy with my kids.