Chapter 51

Adidev's POV

I couldn't tear my eyes away from the sight in front of me. Devu and Anshu were having the time of their life while Meera was laughing  to her heart's content. MY FAMILY....this is all I ever wanted...needed...the peace that comes from seeing your loved one's happy smile.

" Papa... Why are you standing  there? Come...join us..." Devu called me over

" You both were busy with your Mamma and forgot your poor Papa, so thought to stand to the side" I said showing a fake sad face

Meera looked at me incredulously at my acting

" No, Papa.... We didn't forget you..." Devu was the first one to jump to pacify me while Anshu was staring  at me contemplating whether to believe me or not

"Really..." I asked Devu and acted like I was relieved by what she said

" Yes Papa.... we can never forget you..." then her eyes started welling up , " I am sorry to hurt you"

Seeing tears in my princess's eyes, I realized that I have taken the game a little  too far

" Oh no princess.  You have not hurt me. I was just pranking you. Please don't cry .... I can never see tears in the eyes of my princess" Then turned to the other two who both wore a similar  stern expression, " nor on the face of my prince and Queen " and TRIED to give a charming  smile.

" I knew you were acting.... You are just as bad as Devu, just like Megha Aunty said"

Both me and Meera were taken aback by Anshu's words.

" What did she say about me? " I  questioned  Anshu.  Anshu suddenly  became nervous  on hearing my serious tone.

" You can tell us , Anshu... Nobody is going to scold you" Meera gently asked him

I know I should have been gentle but hearing someone else badmouthing me to my kids,didn't go down well with me. It was another matter when she teases me and pulls my leg in front of others but not in front of my kids. I am very possessive about them.

" That.... Megha Aunty...told .....that" Anshu began to stutter

" Anshu....." Hearing  me reprimanding  him Devu began to giggle.

" I told you , don't listen but you believed her" Devu added ghee to fire

I was boiling with anger by then

Meera tried to diffuse the situation. She understood  I was really angry

" Don't assume anything. Let him explain. Megha can be childish but she will never say or do anything to hurt us especially  the kids "

" Mamma..." I could hear the nervousness  in Anshu's voice

" Anshu, don't worry, Mamma is here. Just tell what Megha Aunty told you"

" Megha Aunty said that Papa has been very bad and should be punished. She also said he is afraid of only you, Mamma, so you should punish him. So we should always leave you both alone most of the time until Papa is properly punished and we both should never ever disturb you"

Meera's mouth was literally  wide open at the end of Anshu's speech while my anger dissipated as it was never even there.

Meera frowned at me seeing the smile on my face.

" I don't know what I should do with her. Telling all this to kids. I will deal with her when I see her next time " she said with disapproval lacing her voice

" Come on , Meera. What wrong did she say. Its true that I did bad and only you can punish me for that, right?"

" Wow..... How soon did you change your stand? Two seconds back you were angry at her for bad mouthing you  and now supporting her"

" Meera, at that time I didn't know she in a way was supporting me only" I replied mischievously

But immediately  shut up seeing Meera's glare

" Anshu, Megha Aunty was just messing with you. Your Papa is not bad and doesn't need any punishment  from me"

" See, I told you. My Papa can never be wrong" I heard my daughter say proudly, which instantly brought shame to my eyes.

Here, my princess thinks I am her superhero who does no wrong but what will she say when she knows how wrong I was with her mother.

" Everyone makes mistakes and  deserves a second chance at redemption. Sometimes there is no point in thinking about past actions and we should rectify them with our present and future deeds " I heard Meera saying pointedly  at me

I knew she understood  what I was thinking  a moment ago and gave her a grateful smile.

I was really lucky to get a wife like Meera. She really is the sun to my world.

" Really , Mamma..." I heard Anshu asking in confirmation,  " So Papa did not do anything wrong and you don't need to punish him?"

" No, your Papa did wrong but your Mamma is such an angel that she gave your Papa a chance to redeem his mistakes" I clarified looking at Meera.

" So that means what, that Mamma has to punish Papa or not? " Devu asked with confusion

Me and Meera looked at each other , then laughed loudly

" You don't have to confuse your little  brain. Leave big matters to us" Meera explained to the kids

" In short , Megha Aunty was right. We have to leave both of you alone for that, right? " Anshu queried again and both of them start to look at both of us in turn

" Megha..." Meera muttered with frustration and all I could do was laugh out loud.