Chapter 1

8 years later

Meera's POV

Yesterday  was very hectic , it was my sister in law, Aparna's wedding. Everyone are still sleeping but I got up early to prepare everyones favorite breakfast.  I know I know there are servants to do all this but I love cooking for my family.
Mom and Dad love heavy breakfast while my husband and brother in law expects light and healthy ones.  Payal, Anant's wife is just like him. They have been in love for the past 5 years before getting married.

I forgot to mention about the two heartbeats of this house. My sweet sweet babies , Devansh and Devastuthi,  my Anshu and Devu. They both are 4 years old but going on 20. Devu is a papa's princess and she can bring the whole house at her feet by her tantrums.  Then only her papa can bring her around. But my Anshu is just the opposite , he is the calmest and very mature for a 4 year old. He loves everyone but more close to me.

I then heard laughing  and talking coming from the dining room. I was surprised to see my babies up and smiling. Mom and Dad were teasing each other while my husband was smiling happily at his family. I served them breakfast and the morning went by with their happy chatter.

I was brought back from my wanderings by a booming laughter by my father in law. He was laughing  at something Payal had said. There was love and affection in his eyes and every action when he looked at her. It pinched me and my eyes unknowingly watered.

You are our daughter in law. You are our responsibility thats all but don't expect us to accept you.

As my wife, you will have everything of comfort and I will do my duties towards you. We will repay the kindness shown by your parents. Nothing more nothing less.

The words uttered 8 years ago still has the power to crack my heart. I was looking at my family from the invisible boundary separating us hoping against hope that someday I will step inside.