6

The atmosphere was wild. Antonella and I were in the VIP section of the crowd, separating us from the fans. I thought it would've been more fun to be with everyone chanting and screaming but at least I get to be closer to Barcas bench so I can talk to them when they're off.

Neymar had the ball, running up the left wing. Two defenders from the opposing team ran up behind him and another in front. I stood up in suspense, knowing it wasn't going to end well. He kicked the ball over the defenders right shoulder and ran round his left before assisting Messi who shot the ball into the bottom right corner.

The defenders who were behind him pushed and shoved Neymar out of frustration. They were losing 2-0 now. Neymar raised his eyebrows and looked at them, smiling. Oh shit. However, nothing was done. Which confused me but I was happy nonetheless, I've been telling him that he needs to control his anger on the pitch.

The defender, who I could now read his number which was 24, had the ball down near their own goal. They passed it around, slowly moving up the pitch. Me and Neymar made eye contact before he ran forwards, putting pressure on the ball.

24 passed it to 17 and 17 passed it back. Neymar took his chance and slide tackled number 24's legs. You could tell he wasn't even going for the ball. I put my head in my hands as Antonella laughed.

"I've told him however many times to just let it go! He's such an idiot!" I said annoyed but now leaning against the barrier to see what was being done on the pitch better.
"You guys argue like a married couple. When are you going to start dating?" She asked, causing me to choke on the water I had been anxiously sipping on.

"You what?" I said, awkwardly laughing.
"You heard me, Amelia. You hug each other, lay on each other, sleep with each other, eat with each other. We all know soon it will be having kids with each other," she said raising her eyebrows and grinning at me.

"Stop, we're just friends. I couldn't date him anyway, imagine something went wrong and ten years of friendship goes down the drain? No way, would I ever let that happen," I said stressing on the word 'ever'.
I knew I found him attractive, but so do most girls. It didn't mean anything. And yeah, sure he was sweet and always a gentleman but like, come on. Me and Neymar? Never gonna happen.

"Whatever helps you sleep at night," Ant said laughing as she reapplied some lipgloss, "Oh, it's Neymar's arms that help you sleep at night, isn't it?"
I groaned and put my head in my hands, choosing to simply ignore her and focus on the game.

24 was still rolling about on the floor gripping his ankle as Neymar tried covering his laugh as the ref approached them. Words were said and soon Neymar's hands were in the air as he acted confused on why he got a yellow. Idiot.

The game went on for another six minutes until we reached half time.
The players approached their bench, looking absolutely wrecked except from Neymar who had barely broke a sweat. They all grabbed their waters and started approaching the tunnel.

"Ney, wait!" I shouted so that he stopped whilst I made my way down the stairs next to the section I was sat in. There was a barrier separating me from the field but he lifted me over it anyway.

"You okay, princesa?" He asked, putting an arm around me as we made a slow walk to the tunnel.
"Is number 24 okay is what we should be asking," I said with a slight smile but also a pointed look at him.
He grinned, "Come on! He had that coming, plus I barely touched him. He was being dramatic!"

I simply shook my head and laughed.
"I don't think I'm allowed through there, but I'll be in the same section with Ant, yeah?" I said, turning around to walk back.
"No hug?" He asked, sticking out his bottom lip.
"You're sweating Ney."
"Barely! I knew you wouldn't hug me if I was," He said laughing and hugging me, much against my own will.
"Yeah, yeah. Whatever, good luck!" I kissed his cheek and hopped back over the barrier to where Antonella was looking at me smiling.