64

the next day

"So you slept with Neymar? Again?" Fred snorted.
"Not like that chill. He just stayed the night then we got lunch and he went back to his hotel. We've sorted things out now and actually spoke about things for once."
He clapped sarcastically before wiping a fake tear, "Gosh, I'm so proud!"

"Shut up," I laughed, pushing him as we walked into the stadium. He invited me to the team's training today so that I could see and talk to everyone again as I hadn't in ages.

I sat on the nearest seat whilst I waited for him to drop his bags off in the changing rooms and admired the new work that had been done to the stadium. Rio was given a load of money to improve itself before the Olympics and they must've spent the majority of it on here.

Marcelo spotted me before I saw him and caught me by surprise as he ran over, smiling and greeting me with our old handshake which I was confused as to how I remembered.

"Long time Amelia! Where've you been?" He asked.
I shrugged, laughing a bit, "Around."
"Bullshit."
"Woah watch the language," I said sarcastically, causing him to laugh and roll his eyes as Luíz and Dani approached us.

"Amelia! How was things with Neymar?" Luíz was the first to speak as he made inappropriate gestures, earning him a slap on the back of the head as Fred walked past and straight onto the pitch.

I stifled a laugh as David stayed gaping at him in shock and Marcelo shook his head in disappointment at his teammates.

"Is everything still good with you guys or is Neymar gonna be an emo again?" Dani asked, being totally serious.
"Again? He's always been an emo," I joked.
Luíz stopped giving Fred evils and laughed then, "See? That is the only time I will agree with you."

"Aw thanks," I said at his backhanded compliment to which he nodded and grinned at me in response.
We finished our conversation as coach blew a whistle and they scurried off, over to the grass.

I looked around the stands to see if anyone else was sat there, wanting to not be by myself and saw a few people crowded over a few seats to my left. I walked over to try see who it was and I was faced with the same hazel eyes that I knew too well.

"Amelia?" Neymar got up mid conversation with the assistant coach and pushed past the new physiotherapist to give me a hug. I laughed at his enthusiasm, returning it but patting his back awkwardly as he didn't let me out his grip. "How come you're here?"

"Fred invited me to see the team and stuff," I explained.
His jaw clenched a little but soon relaxed as he sat back down, "Fred?"
"Yeah..." I looked at him confused but he didn't seem bothered as he diverted his attention back to the therapist.

"Sorry, wanna finish your questions now Ana?" he smiled at her to which she returned quickly.
"Yeah. So have you been experiencing any dizziness since you left the hospital?"
"Nope."
"Do you feel as if you are still under a lot of stress?"
He smirked, looking at me for a second before answering, "Nope."

"How's your ankle been feeling?"
"Fine."
"Can you rotate it fully for me please?"
He sat back in his chair before sticking his leg out and moving his ankle in a circle. Man-spreading did something to me, I had to focus on the drills the team were doing so I wouldn't lose all composure.

"You should be fine to start playing tomorrow then but most of your time at practice will just be in the gym to check that your health is back up to standards at first," she explained.
"Sounds good. Thank you."
"No problem," she smiled at both of us before walking back over to where the assistant coach was stood, examining each player.

"You alright?" he asked after my eyes stayed focused on Dani who was hogging the ball way too much.
"Pass it! Marquinhos is open!" I shouted, hearing a laugh from Neymar.

Alves looked at me, rolling his eyes before finally passing, earning me a nod off Marquinhos. They managed to bring it up to the goal and with a few passes back and forth to get through the defenders, they managed to score. Both of them sent me a thumbs up as coach called them into a huddle, probably informing them on things they needed to work on.

"I should be coach, that was all because of me," I joked, shuffling over in my chair a bit to be closer to Neymar who was sat on my left.
"He only passed because he's scared of you," he laughed, placing an arm over my shoulder, causing me to then lean my head on his.

"I am pretty scary, what can I say?"
He looked down at me, smiling dumbly as I continued to lay my head on him, "Yes, extremely scary. Horrific actually, I have nightmares."
"Ha ha very funny," I hid my own smile as I went to sit up before getting dragged back to how we were sitting previously.

"I'm joking princesaaa."
I laughed, "I know you are, you're literally in love with me."
He pretended to be confused, scrunching his face up but his grin was still present, "What? Nah, don't know what you're on about. Me? Nah, I never get caught lacking. You on the other hand, literally obsessed with me."

I rolled my eyes, stifling my laugh, "Mhm."
"Don't mhm me, you know it's true," he said, the sass making me erupt into laughter.
He tried to keep his face straight but once he saw me laughing he couldn't hold it back either. I loved his laugh.

"So, you're gonna come watch again when I can play, yeah?" he said more like he was telling me rather than asking.
I smirked, "I dunno, I got a busy schedule. Give me some notice and I might be able to squeeze you in."
He looked at me deadpan whilst I cracked up at my own jokes as always.

"Nah, you're so rude," he was smiling as he playfully shook me off his shoulder as I looked at him in shock.
"You did not."
"My shoulder is reserved for people who appreciate me," he looked the other way, pretending to flick nonexistent hair, making me question whether he really did like women or not.

"Like who?" I asked, holding back saying the name Bruna out of saltiness and ruining the mood.
He thought for a second, "Dani. He's literally my boyfriend, didn't you know?"
I gasped, "But what about Leo?"
"What he doesn't know won't hurt him."
He was laughing but all I was thinking about was him saying that to his friends when talking about Bruna and I.

I nodded, faking a smile and pulling out my phone to pretend to be busy. He caught on though, no longer laughing and looking at me in concern.
"Are you okay linda?" he placed a hand on my thigh as he spoke.
"Yeah," I spoke nonchalantly but he saw straight through me.

"No, tell me what's up," he pressed further.
"I don't know. Maybe it's still just a bit soon to be joking about that sort of stuff."
His face was blank for a few seconds before it clicked and his eyes went wide, "Shit, no I never meant-"
"I don't wanna start drama, I was just saying."
"No but you're right. I wasn't thinking."
"It's okay," I said, starting to feel a bit awkward.

It was silent for a few seconds before he couldn't help himself and blurted out, "Do you know how many times I've wanted to tell you that I love you?"
I scratched the back of my neck, not knowing what to say.

"There's just been so many situations like this one where I want to be able to just give you a hug and tell you I love you, but I can't. And that shit's killing me Amelia," he seemed stressed as he ran a hand through his hair. He fidgeted with the ring on his right hand until I finally took it in my own.

"Stop stressing, okay? Everything will happen in it's own time," I looked up at him, his hazel eyes smiling down at me as he moved the hand I was holding back over my shoulder so my arm was crossing my chest as I leant into him. (dk if that makes sense but go w it).

He kissed my head before leaning back in his chair, "I appreciate you."
I smiled, remembering our old phrase we used when we felt it was too soon to be saying I love you.
"I appreciate you too."

———

give me cute situations for some filler chapters if u have any ideas cos i have no clue

also remember the guy that basically asked to kiss me 😱😱😱 it was his bday today so i snapped him and said happy bdayy then he left me on delivered. for three hours. and his snapscore went up by four in that time. then he replied saying cheerss and it was a ceiling snap. how dry is that. i feel embarrassed but it's fine ik my worth yk he shoulda been more enthusiastic and so i'm moving on 🙏🙏 his best friend snapped me twice in the time i was on delivered sooooo NAHSJSKSKKS