23

The whistle blew, meaning we had officially won. The boys were all huddled together, jumping up and down as the crowds cheered. Neymar joined in for a few seconds before ducking under their flying limbs to escape and jogging over to me with open arms.

"No, you're sweaty!" I jumped back and he stuck his lip out.
"Come on, we won!" he ran after me as I jogged away, laughing my head off. He caught me and wrapped his arms around my waist from the back and I turned around in his grip to face him.
"I'm joking, well done. I'm proud of you!" I put my hands around his neck as I spoke and he leant down to kiss me. I pulled away when I saw flashes going off.

"Ignore them linda, it's just me and you," he said smirking and leaning in for another.
I pushed him away and towards the mob of photographers, laughing, "Go talk to them!"
"Don't think you're not coming with me princesa," he said, putting an arm around my shoulder and bringing me with him.

"I'm suffocating in your b.o," I said as his armpit was right in my face.
He laughed, "You know I saw this fan page and a girl said that she'd drink a cup of my sweat from after a game just to meet me."
"That is not a flex, your fans are weirdos," I said laughing.
He wiped a fake tear, "You don't appreciate me, Amelia."
I pushed his head away from me playfully, "There's nothing to appreciate!"
His jaw dropped in fake shock and I practically wet myself laughing before realising the interviewers were filming us being idiots.

"Neymar! Neymar over here!"
"Over here!"
"Live on Channel 6 news!"
"Neymar Jr!"
"Amelia Marchado!"

I looked at him confused as a reporter shouted my name. He laughed and ushered me forward to take the interview and I gave him a glare before smiling a fake smile to the interviewer to cover up my nerves and confusion.

"Amelia! I'm Francesca, with NewsCentral. Can I ask you a few questions?" The lady stuck out her hand and I shook it before answering.
"Sure! Don't you want to speak to Neymar though? I can bring him over here," I suggested, shrugging my shoulders.
"No, that won't be necessary. I understand you used to work in the model industry?" she asked and I nodded my head slowly in response.

"What made you quit? You were living the dream, Victoria Secret runways, hanging with Adriana Lima. What happened?"
I took a deep breath before answering, "It's not all it seems to be and the career just wasn't for me. I didn't like the stress it caused me when coming to my body and I didn't want to be focusing on it all the time. Instead, I'd like to enjoy the little things in life. Like being with my friends and family and doing things I love," I gestured to around me, "I'm actually doing physiotherapy now and get to be around football which has always been one of my dreams," I said, trying to steer away from the subject.

"Football?" she asked me, confused.
"Yeah, I've played since I was little. Taught him everything he knows," I said laughing and pointing to my boyfriend, who was in the middle of another interview.
She shook her head vigorously, "But you did modelling? Dresses, makeup, heels."
"Yeah..." I said unsure of where she was going with this.
"But football's for boys?"
I laughed for a while as she looked at me blankly.

"Football doesn't have a gender. No sport does. Whether you're a girl, boy or anything in between, you're allowed to do what you want and what makes you happy. I think we're done here, bye!" I walked off before she could ask me anything else. Why would she come to a world cup football came, to ask an ex model about the model industry, and then tell her she shouldn't play football? I laughed again to myself as I stood a bit behind Neymar, letting him finish his conversation.

He spotted me half way through talking and held up a finger to tell the man to wait a second. He beckoned me over and I dragged my feet, not wanting to talk to anyone other than him.