39

I woke up, my head pounding and my body feeling hot. I threw the duvet off me before looking around and realising where I was.
"No fucking way..."

I walked into the en-suite, assessing the situation and managing to fix the dried mascara on my cheeks with an old bottle of micellar water that was once mine. I wondered if Bruna had used it but quickly shook the thought off.

As I walked back into the bedroom, I heard a knock on the door and Neymar soon came in with a glass of water and aspirin in hand.
"I figured you'd be pretty hung over," he laughed.
"I hardly remember anything that happened," I admitted, putting the aspirin in my mouth and rocking my head back as I downed the water.

He ran a hand through his curls, still standing awkwardly by the door, "Well from what you told me, you fell out with Correa. Then your phone died and you were really drunk and by yourself. You couldn't remember anyones number apart from mine so you called me from a pay phone and I came to get you."

"Correa just left me?" I asked confused.
He shrugged although I could tell he was pissed, "I don't know the details, we're not exactly friends for you to go into them with me but sounds like it."
"Damn," I laughed, though it wasn't funny at all.

"Do you remember anything?" he fidgeted by the door.
"I remember me being really dramatic and emo and you actually being nice to be fair. I also remember you saying that you'd do anything to prove you're worthy of my love," I smirked.
He covered his face, slightly embarrassed.

"A bit awkward but I don't take it back," He shrugged, "But do you remember what you said in response?" he smirked.
"Oh no..." I cringed not even wanting to know.
"That just because I wasn't worthy of your love didn't mean it wasn't there," he smiled.
"For fucks sake," I groaned.

"You also said that you were thinking of becoming a lesbian," he laughed.
I looked at him confused, "Now I just know you're making shit up."
"No for real! Mums life!" he held his hands up as he laughed and I shook my head, trying to contain my own. "And you know what they say? Drunken words are sober thoughts."
"Shut up!" I laughed, pushing him lightly and making my way out the spare bedroom.

"Can I borrow a charger?" I asked him, holding up my dead phone.
"Yeah, its-" he stopped when he realised I was already plugging it in, "Oh yeah, you know where everything is," he laughed awkwardly.
I smiled an awkward smile back and prayed it would turn on quickly so I could pretend I was busy.

"I know it's a bit of a stretch to ask you this, but could you do me a favour?" he was sat next to me on the sofa now.
"Er depends what it is," I said, confused.
"Davi's been asking for you, like every time I see him. He's going to Mães house for the evening, would you come with me?" he seemed nervous to ask and I pondered the idea.

"I don't know Neymar. I miss Davi too but I feel like it's too much, me seeing your whole family after not talking to you properly for like six months. Look at us right now, we're still being awkward. I don't think it's the right time."
"Alright, I understand what you're saying but the offers always there. I have training and probably should be leaving around now. Do you want me to drop you at your place?"
"If you don't mind," I said, putting my phone in my pocket despite the 1% it was on.

"I hate this so much," he complained as we walked to the door.
"Hate what?" I asked, confused.
"This. 'If you don't mind'. Anyone would think we were strangers!"
"Maybe we are," I said shrugging and sitting in the passenger seat.

Neymar POV:
"Maybe we are."
What did she mean? We've known each other all our lives, of course we're not strangers! Why did everything have to be so complicated?

I practically flipped when I heard her voice over the phone last night, I don't think I've ever got out of bed so fast. I needed to prove to her that I can be there for her, that I'm more mature. I didn't make any bad comments on Correa as I would've usually, I didn't complain or shout back when she started raising her voice. It was hard but living without her was harder.

She through a few digs every now and again, not accepting my hand to pull her up, not answering questions and pretending she didn't hear me, making little comments as she just did but I let it all slide because most of it was true. I deserved it and so I'd tough out the consequences so I could focus on getting her back.

I started the engine and music started playing, making us both jump. She looked at her phone and it was her's that was already connected, seeing as she was the one on the aux in the past.

She smiled when she realised and just looking at her made my stomach feel funny. How did I manage to fumble her so badly?

She tapped away at her phone, clicking repeatedly and growing angry.
"You alright?" I laughed at her frustration.
"Shush!" she held a finger in my face and I put my arm closest to her up in the air before resting it back on the centre console as I drove with my other.

She grinned as music started playing, Escuchame Mami.
"Finally!" she placed her phone down on the side of her seat, "For old times sake."
She was playing our shared playlist, probably for the first time in a long while. I still listened to it most days, it reminded me of all the happy memories I had with her.

We sung along to all the songs that played, laughing at how terrible we both were, and soon the tension in the air was lifted and it felt as if nothing had ever happened. I didn't want the car ride to end, knowing that it would be over and awkward again. Would she actually text me this time? Could we actually move forward at all?

She gave me directions as we got closer and I eventually parked up outside a tall block of apartments.
"Thank you, for everything last night as well," she smiled at me before opening the door.
"It's nothing. I'll always be here for you no matter what's going on, just remember that," I said and she nodded shyly in response before stepping out of the car.

"What the fuck are you doing?" I heard a deeper voice shout and watched as she jumped.
"Correa?" she questioned, putting a hand over her forehead to block the sun and see him better.