8

Amelia's POV:

I woke up but Neymar wasn't at mine so he must've got picked up by Leo for training. It was about time he went back to his own house and car anyway.

I walked into the bathroom, letting the tap run for a moment before splashing my face. I looked in the mirror above my sink and saw my puffy eyes, a reminder of the unwanted conversation that occurred yesterday. I shouldn't have told him. Now he's going to think I'm some weak, fragile girl when all I've ever asked for was to be treated equally, half the reason I defied my parents so much growing up.

I decided to make use of my day and got ready to go to Starbucks. Getting ready, the house seemed awfully quiet, making me feel weird. I laughed to myself bitterly, I wouldn't be here that long anyway.

I grabbed my phone and wallet before leaving the house on foot, in direction of the town centre.

The door rang a bell as I opened it and my nostrils were filled with the strong aroma of coffee. There was lots of chat about, being around lunchtime.

My eyes scanned the menu boards for any new drinks to try but I decided to stick with my usual. I stood over by the collection counter and read the leaflets on the wall out of boredom. 'New Upcoming Band Performing Live at TruParties Tonight!'

I raised my eyebrows, considering going to the club and took a photo so I could decide later. Not long after, my drink was served and I continued my walk to the park.

I sat on a bench, drinking my coffee and scrolling mindlessly on my phone. I saw a man playing with his child in the distance slightly, making me smile. I craved that sort of love from my parents as a child so seeing other children receive it always made my lips turn upwards.

As the pair walked closer, I was able to make out their faces through the slight fog.
"Davi! Ney!" I laughed, getting up and hugging the small child. His dad never told me he was having him round today.

"Pai ran but he fell!" Davi shouted before bursting out giggling with his finger in his mouth and his blonde curls dropping over his forehead.

I laughed before standing straight from my crouching position and giving Ney a side hug.
"Why didn't you tell me you had him?" I asked confused. He always got awkward when hanging out with both me and Davi. I think he regrets talking to other girls whilst I was gone, not regretting having his son but you get what I mean.

He scratched the back of his neck and rocked forward on the balls of his feet. "Just never came up in conversation."
I raised my brow, laughing. "Mhm."

"Lia! Lia!" the boy shortened my name, not being able to say it fully and held his hands in the air, hinting for me to carry him.
I picked him up from under his arms and span around before holding him properly, causing him to have another fit of giggles.

Sure, I was hurt when I found out he had slept with another girl whilst I had been gone but it wasn't like we were or are dating or anything so I had no right to be annoyed about it. Plus, I would never ask for him to take it back because then the world wouldn't have been blessed with the sweet Davi Luca.

"I was going to go see Rafa if you guys wanna come?" I said to Neymar who nodded and followed me to the car park, hanging back a bit as me and his kid walked ahead. "Where's daddy's car?" I said to the boy in an over excited voice making him grin and point in the right direction. It was unlocked so I clipped him into his car seat before getting in the passenger and waiting for Neymar to reach us.

He started up the car and it was mostly silent with the exception of the radio playing quietly.
"Are you alright?" I asked hesitantly as he reversed out the parking spot and joined the main road.
"Yeah, just been thinking."
"About anything you want to share?" I asked, wanting him to talk to me.
"No."
Bitch.

We reached Rafaella's house after the most awkward car ride I had ever experienced in my life and I ran up the stairs to her apartment door, leaving Neymar to get Davi.

"Hey!" She greeted me.
I smiled and walked in quickly, shutting the door behind me.

"Neymar and Davi are here as well. And he never told me he was having him today, and he's being awkward, and I cried in front of him last night, and he left me this morning with no note or text or nothing, and I don't know what to do!" I stressed holding my temples as she laughed at me.

"Chill out Melia you're fine. He's just being a dick because he feels guilty about talking to other girls whilst you were gone."
"Guilty? Why?" I said confused. She rolled her eyes at me and there was a knock on the door, meaning they had made their way up here.

"Sobrinho!" She shouted, taking Davi out of Neymars arms and hugging him tightly. "How have you been?"
"Fine we were just-" Her brother started.
"Not you," she gave him a look which made me stifle a laugh. "How have you been little man?"
Ney rolled his eyes and put his keys on the coffee table before collapsing down onto the sofa next to me.

Avoiding conversation, I unlocked my phone and scrolled through my messages trying to find somebody to talk to. Alejandro! I texted him hey and waited for a response. He was usually one to reply quickly as he had asked me on many dates that I kept making excuses as to why I couldn't go.

Alejandro

Hey

Princesa! How are you?

Just fine, and you?

Even better now!
It's funny that you texted me just
now, I was just looking at a poster for TruParties tonight! Fancy accompanying
me?

Hmm, I was thinking about going already
so yeah maybe I'll run into you

Well let's hope so :)

*end of convo lol*

I shut my phone off as I felt Neymar reading over my shoulder.
"Who's Alejandro?" he asked, his jaw clenched.
"My friend?" I said, confused to why he was pissed off.
"Mhm." He moved across the sofa, sitting at the other end and pretending to go through his pockets. Petty much?

"What's wrong with you? Why are you being so rude today?" I asked, my anger slowly growing.
"When have I been rude?" He shouted back at me, proving my point exactly.
I scoffed, "Alright Junior."
I got up and headed to the door, passing Davi on my way and giving him a kiss on the cheek.
"I'm going, see you Rafa," I said with no explanation and let the door slam behind me.

Neymar POV

"What did you do?" My sister shouted at me as she entered the living room. I groaned putting my head in my hands.
"She was being a bitch, not my problem." "Woah. Think about what your saying Irmão," She looked pissed off.
"Don't be pissed at me! She's the one texting other guys!" I shouted, putting my hands in the air.

"You have a whole other kid, I think she's allowed to go on a date here and there, no? Or have you forgotten about your little fuck boy stage, where you whored around with half the girls from school, to fill the oh so empty hole you had once Amelia left?" She said coolly before picking up my son and bringing him to the kitchen. "I'll look after Davi, whilst you sort this out."
"She can sort it out," I said stubbornly, crossing my arms over my chest.

"You are unbelievable. Surely you knew she wasn't going to wait for you forever. If you don't ask her out soon, somebody else will. She deserves to be happy. She's never even dated anyone!" She raised her voice at me again.
"She dated Frisco when we were fifteen."
"If you're seriously annoyed at that then think how she felt when you told her you were a dad," she said before shoving me out the front door.
I heard the door lock and let out a sigh. What have I done now?