18

We were up in business class and the pair of us gawked at everything around us. The rest of the team laughed, being used to it. I looked at Neymar, I was so proud of him. He went from being one of the poorest guys in the favelas to flying business class to his five star hotel.

We sat in two seats opposite each other that were very separate from the rest, there was even a curtain but that would be a bit much.
We put our seatbelts on and soon enough we were on the runway.

I winced, hating takeoffs. Junior reached forward and held my hand which I appreciated even though I was still pissed. I held it tight until the plane was flying straight and the seatbelt sign went off. I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding and leant back in my chair, reclining it and looking out the window.

"So?" he said, wanting the conversation to be done and over with.
"I'm gonna talk and you're not gonna interrupt me," I said and he looked at me blankly, "Yes?"
"Yes," he was so done already and I loved it.
"Two main issues that happened today. Number one, the obvious one. You're a manwhore. Number two, the surprising one. Your getting way too handsy when it comes to grabbing me," I started.

He laughed awkwardly trying to get a word in.
"I'm not done Junior, wait your turn. A girl was obviously trying to get your attention, which fair enough isn't your fault but it becomes your fault when you let her disrespect me by being all over you right in front of me. Do you see where I'm coming from?" I spoke as if I was talking to a toddler and it was pissing him off. Good.

"Then you decided, fuck it, Amelia's already pissed, let's make it worse and decided to wink at her. Are you dumb? Are you mentally deficient? Are you in need of some female attention that badly?" I paused for effect and saw Fred about to walk past us for the toilet. We made eye contact and I winked as he smiled and carried on his way. Neymar's jaw was clenched and his fingers were in fists.

"So, how did that make you feel? Not very nice, is it? I understand you used to be a bit of a fuckboy, whatever. But if you want to be in a relationship with me, which is what you've been telling me all eight months we've been dating, then that means all of this stops. So, to save us all the hassle, I'd like to know now. Do you still have a want to be in a relationship with me Neymar?" I was still speaking patronisingly and I hoped to God he said yes otherwise I'd look like the biggest dickhead out there.
"Yes," he said, though without much enthusiasm.

I dropped the voice but carried on, "Okay. It's sad to know that I had to check though, isn't it? Anyways, problem number two. I always thought you respected women and I'd like to still think you do and today was just a slip up. You've always been a gentleman which is why I was so quick to defend you when the paparazzi suggested you hit me or something but they weren't far off," I rolled my sleeves up to reveal the bruises he left around my wrists from repeatedly grabbing my arms.

He looked shocked, "Oh my god, Amelia, I'm sorry. I swear, I didn't know I was doing it that hard. You know that I'd never lay a finger on you," he said.
"Damn right you'll never lay a finger on me," I scoffed.

"No, Amelia. Genuinely, I'm sorry for everything. I wish I could take it all back, I don't know what got into me today. It's not an excuse but I guess I just wanted you to be jealous of me for once since I always feel like I'm on your back for Alejandro or Frisco."

"Yeah but there's a difference. I don't entertain them. We are friends. Friends, Neymar. This girl was flirting with you from the start and you winked at her whilst I sat right there. You didn't even make the effort to be sneaky about it, you didn't care if I was there or not!" I could feel tears welling in my eyes but I refused to let him see me cry. I was the one shouting at him right now, I was the one with the power. I wasn't going to fuck it up by crying.

"Amelia, I'm sorry. How many times do I have to tell you?" he threw his hands up in despair and I grinned despite my eyes being glossy.
"Thirty might do it."
"Are you being serious?" he deadpanned. I nodded at him and he sighed.
"Sorry, sorry, sorry..." he counted the sorry's on his fingers and I stifled a laugh. "Better?" he laughed.
"Yeah."

He moved up in his chair and gestured for me to sit next to him. I got up and sat half on the arm of the chair and half on his thigh. I hugged him around his neck and his hands went around my waist.
"I am genuinely sorry, Amelia," he said and I felt his jaw move on my shoulder as we were still hugging.
A tear managed to drop down my left cheek and I wiped it before speaking, "Please, never again," I laughed.
"Never again."

The plane ride was long at a whopping ten hours and twenty minutes. We slept for most of it but joked with the team for the rest. We had cards so played loads of games which ended up in many entertaining arguments and I learnt more about each player. I had a feeling this was going to be the trip of a life time.

———
short one lol soz
genuinely, give me some ideas, cute scenarios, arguments, ANYTHING 😭😭😭
i wanted her to be more angry in this chapter cos she let everything slide last chapter so yeah but it's all sorted.
the next update might not be until late tmrw or the day after cos i've actually got things to do sadly lol so sorry but thought i'd just get a quick one out now whilst i'm on 5%
hope u enjoyed and don't forget to vote and comment
thanks for all the support i've been getting on this book so far, it rlly encourages me to keep writing and sometime u need that motivation lol