35

Amelia's POV
"Don't leave me yet." My voice came out quiet, barely above a whisper and I finally saw the tears that threatened his eyes. He looked at me softly before pulling me into a hug. He held the back of my head as I held him around his waist, hugging him tightly.

I felt his body tremble as he spoke, "I'm so sorry Amelia. For everything."
I looked up, my chin rested on his chest and watched a tear fall down his cheek. Neymar da Silva Santos Jr was crying, over me. No fucking way.

It confused me. I couldn't trust him after what he had done so how did I know he wasn't just crying so I'd feel bad and take him back? How did I know it wasn't all a trick?

I took a deep breath, "Truce?"
He looked at me, eyes wide.

"No hard feelings anymore. Not together, not necessarily friends but not disliking each other anymore," I explained.
A smile grew on his face, his dimples redirecting his tears to his mouth and I watched him wipe them away, cringing at the saltiness.

"I don't deserve you," he hugged me tight again and I stood there awkwardly, not returning it, as I took in his scent. Oh, how I missed suffocating in his Diesel aftershave.

"Amelia! Everything g- Oh, oops. Sorry!" We watched Antonella fumble with the door handle as she closed it and I laughed, pushing Neymar towards the house.
"Cmon, I gotta get going," I said and he nodded, walking inside and holding the door for me.

I don't know why I decided to tell him I basically forgave him because part of me was still angry. I just couldn't stand to know we were arguing so I let it slide for it not to be awkward anymore. I knew I had to be careful and keep my guard up around him still, I couldn't get attached again. We would be simply friends, barely even that.

———

time skip~ just over a month

"You're waffling, shushhh!" Joaquin pushed me away from him playfully as I made up excuses on why he should come back to mine tonight.
"I'll order food?" I raised an eyebrow.
"Sorted then," he laughed and finally agreed.

He came to work with me this morning and got to see the behind the scenes of my shoots. I only agreed to letting him come as it was an Adidas commercial instead of Victoria Secret, much to his disappointment.

We had spent the rest of the day at the park since they had two football pitches that nobody seemed to use. We practiced some passing drills and stuff but soon got bored and I managed to convince him to do a 1v1. We played three and I won two, which he was not happy about.

We only started to leave once the sun had set and we could no longer see the ball in front of us so we walked like blind men to his car, where we were currently sat, waiting for it to heat up.

"Let me go back to my hotel first and grab some clothes and things," he said as he put the car into gear.
"I still don't understand why they haven't sorted you proper accommodation. It's not like you're gonna be leaving Spain anytime soon," I didn't like that he was still staying in a hotel after three/ four months.

He shrugged, "I don't really care to be honest. I'm out most of the day, I'm only there to sleep."
"I guess," I said, unconvinced.
"It's not deep Melia. Just leave it," he pushed my shoulder lightly, making me roll my eyes, "Play some music or something."

"Ha!" I pointed at him and he jumped at my sudden loudness, making me erupt into laughter, "You do like my music! Can we just get a verbal agreement that I have the better music taste out of the two of us?"
He squinted his eyes, pulling up the left side of his smile, "Nahhh, don't think so."
"You're such a liar! You know it's true!"