66

I laid under the covers of my hotel bed, my laptop balancing on my knees as I sat slumped up by the headboard, grinning to myself as I searched for the photos taken at todays game. I watched an interview that Marcelo took on the pitch and could see Neymar and I in the background hugging. The video carried on and you could see us arguing about wearing the stinky shirt but we both looked happy. My phone rang, practically making my soul jump out my body as I read the name Junior 🤍.

"Hey, is everything okay?" I asked, concerned as I knew they would be partying.
He slurred his words a little as he spoke, "The guys want to go to a club but there'll be girls there."
I laughed, "It's okay, have fun."
"But I don't wanna be around any girls that aren't you," he complained, making redness appear in my cheeks once more.

"You don't have to talk to them. You're there to have fun with your boys and celebrate how hard you've all been working. I'm not bothered, I trust you don't wanna lose an amazing girl like me again," I joked although it did make me nervous.
"You got that right," he said before lowering his voice, "Are you busy right now?"

"No but I don't want to crash your guys' thing. No other girlfriends are there, I'll just look like a control freak," I laughed.
"Could you pick me up?" He sounded almost afraid to ask.
I got out of my bedsheets almost immediately, "Of course I can, are you not having fun?"
He sighed, "I am but people are annoying. I have no social battery left."

I laughed at his dramaticness, realising just how drunk he must be to be talking like this out loud, seeing as he always makes out he's some social butterfly.

I grabbed my keys, walking out the door and towards the lift with my phone still to my ear.
"Do you want me to drop you to your hotel then?"
"No, no, no!" He spoke loudly, making me cringe as my volumes was turned all the way up, "I want to see you princesa. I don't need any social battery for you, just being in your company is fine."

"I like the drunk version of you," I laughed as I unlocked my car, slipping into the driver's seat.
He gasped, "You should like every version of me!"
I hummed, "Hmm, nah. I don't appreciate the irritable version of you."
"Very funny. I don't particularly like the drunk version of you so maybe we should swap," he laughed, "See? This is so weird, you're picking me up. I should be looking after you."

He paused, his mood switching, "No. I should be looking after you, what am I doing? I-"
I laughed, slowing down to a stop at a red light, "Ney, chill out. Go outside and take a breather."
"I love when you call me Ney. Anyone else who tries to, I tell them to fuck off cos only you can call me that," he boasted like a child.
I stifled a laugh, "Mhm."
"Why are you laughing at me linda? I'm being for real!"

I ignored him, "You're at the club we went to with Dani right?"
"Yeah but I didn't go in properly at all. I would've if you were here but none of these girls even compare to you. You know on our break I literally watched all the interviews you had and adverts or behind the scenes of shoots you were in. I fumbled so bad, I regret it more than going for that header that almost paralysed me and I-"

"Neymar you're talking too fast and you're slurring your words. I'm only around the corner so I'll see you in a minute, stop panicking bonito."
"God, I love you."
I laughed, "I can't wait to tell sober you everything you've said tonight."

"I've drank so much that I'll forget everything and think you're lying so it's okay," he chuckled.
"Well in that case, I love you too," I smiled to myself, happy to finally be able to say it since he wouldn't remember.
"Oh my god! I need to find Dani!" he practically screamed down the phone.

I heard lots of footsteps and music with the miscellaneous sounds of people talking here and there, singing and glasses hitting each other before I could make out distinct voices, shouting above the club's speakers.
"She said she loved me!"
"Huh?"
"She said! She loves me!"