56

*the wc qualifier match with Brasil and Bolivia will be an olympic match instead alright? most of it will be the same but i'll change some things so jus don't ask questions it's all done for a reason 😭*

I cheered as Jesus shot with his left foot, in only the seventh minute, but unfortunately it was a few inches off. I carried on shouting words of encouragement, as if they'd be able to hear me over the crowd.

The clock ticked on, the eleventh minute. Jesus with the ball again, having received it from Neymar, running as fast as he could towards the goal but being met by Bolivia's defenders. I bit my nails in suspense, watching as he skilfully kicked the ball past the opposing team and into Neymar's heel again. He caught it, taking a step back to steady it before jogging forwards, sizing up the goalie and deciding to take the chance, bringing back his right foot and launching the ball into the centre of the net.

Practically the whole stadium was on their feet, me included, shouting and cheering as we had a lead early on. I knew the media would take me cheering for Neymar's goal in a different way but I was done with it all. The last few months, I've barely even thought about him since i've been that busy. He's not really that relevant in my life anymore and sure it is sad but honestly, I was over it. I wasn't cheering because Neymar scored, I was cheering for my country.

Dani kicked the ball high into the air, Augusto headering it from the centre of the box but it being too high. I sighed, clapping nonetheless and hoping for another chance at goal, Bolivia holding possession in our half a little too much.

Giuliano received the ball from Jesus and saw Coutinho running straight toward the goal. He took the opportunity, kicking it through one of Bolivia's defender's legs and successfully passing it to him. He shot with his right foot, letting us hear the satisfying sound of the ball hitting the bottom left corner of the net.

Again, the crowd went wild, screaming at the top of their lungs. It was our first match but I could already tell the gold was Brasil's. I could feel it.

The thirty third minute came along and Marquinhos was being called for a foul that I missed and Duk from Bolivia's team was awarded the free kick from the left wing.

It got returned, Azogue from Bolivia, fouling one of ours and then awarding Neymar with the free kick.

On the thirty ninth, Neymar booted the ball forwards to Luís who shot it with his left, celebrating like crazy with the team as the third goal had been scored.

Campos from Bolivia had us all on the edge of our seats as he took the free kick from just outside the box but luckily for us his shot was too high, making us all scream in excitement as the score stayed three nil.

Neymar seemed determined to change that though, passing the ball through Bolivia's defensive line to Jesus who didn't leave a second to think and booted it from the left side of the six yard box to the top left corner.

I felt my throat go sore from how loud I screamed along with the crowd, practically jumping for joy as I realised the first half was ending 4-0.

The players walked over towards the tunnel as people started to move about to get in queues for food and drinks. I made my way down to the tunnel where Fred had promised to meet me.

"I'm so happy you came! How've you been?" he gave me a sweaty hug, causing me to laugh.
"I'm good. Well done, you guys are doing great! How you feeling?" We walked toward the tunnel slowly as we spoke.
"Great, we have this in the bag for real," he smirked.
I rolled my eyes, laughing and pushing him lightly, "Don't jinx it!"

I said my goodbyes and waved back to Dani, who was eagerly swinging his arm around in the air from further into the tunnel, by the changing rooms, making me laugh.