30

7am approached faster than I thought and I still didn't get any decent sleep. I need clothes and my make up from his room but I didn't want to talk to him. I didn't want him to see the effect this had on me when he probably wasn't even batting an eyelid at the whole situation.

"Amelia!" I heard him shout my name from what sounded like the kitchen.
I got up from my bed confused and opened the door, walking over to the once known danger zone. I was slightly panicked, maybe he hurt himself, he wouldn't just be calling me over for nothing after last night would he?
"Do you want a tea or coffee? I'm making myself one anyway," his face softened when he saw me but only for a split second before he smiled at me.

I blinked quickly twice, just to check this was real.
"Last night happened, right?" I asked, unsure.
He laughed dryly, "Yeah but we're still gonna be friends like before aren't we?"
"Yeah... like before."
"So, tea? coffee?" he asked, grinning at me again.
"Coffee please," I left him to make it and saw this as my opportunity to get everything from his room and bring it to the guest suite.

I ran up to the bedroom we used to share and grabbed my make up bag along with a massive pile of clothes. I shut the door behind me with my foot and bought it all back to where I'd be staying the next couple of nights. He'd never tell me to leave but I had to get a better job and move out of here as soon as possible, otherwise I'd never get over him.

I was folding the clothes and putting them in drawers when I heard a knock on the door.
"Yeah?"
It opened, revealing Neymar with a mug in his hand. He placed it on the left hand table and I said my thanks but he sat on my bed instead of leaving as I thought he would. I carried on folding clothes from my spot on the floor and pretended I didn't notice.

"Prin- Amelia. I need to talk to you about something," He fiddled with his hands and looked everywhere but at me.
I lifted my head up to look at him finally, "What is it?"
"Don't let it affect our friendship, please! I know I'm a horrible person and I have to live with the fact that I let you down but I'll never be able to live without you and-"
I lifted my eyebrow, "You're waffling, get to the point."

"I broke up with you because you deserve better. I-"
I started laughing.
"Amelia, I'm being serious!"
"No, no, carry on," I stifled my laugh and he carried on.
"I regret everything and I honestly just want you to hear me out but-"
I snorted then, as a result of me holding in my laughter for too long.

I could tell he was growing annoyed, "This is actually important Amelia. Can't you take something seriously for once?"
"Like how you took our relationship oh so seriously?" I smiled sweetly at him and he ran a hand through his hair.
"I'm not- That isn't even-" he groaned and put his face in his hands.

"No, I'm sorry Neymar. You go ahead and tell me how high and mighty you are for breaking up with me. After all, you did it because you want the best for me, because I deserve better! Don't I?" I said, patronisingly and he took a deep breath and I knew there was a sarky remark begging to come out his mouth.

"I came here to be honest with you. Give you an explanation. If you don't want that then I guess I'll just get straight to the point. I cheated on you," his voice was slightly shaky.
I blinked before opening my eyes wide. That was not what I was expecting.
"You what?" I asked in disbelief.
He had panic written all over his face, "I never meant for it to get this out of hand! I wasn't- I never- I still want us to be friends! It was a stupid, stupid mistake and I regret it so much. So much, Amelia!"

I ignored him, "How long?"
"I was going to-"
"How long?"
"Not properly until August," he winced.
I sat there, dumbfounded with my mouth open before scoffing, "Not properly?"
"It sounds bad, I know but-"
"That's because it is bad Neymar!" I shouted over him.

He rubbed his temple before speaking again, "Can't we just have a grown mature conversation about this?"
"So now you wanna act mature as soon as it's my turn to be angry? Shut the fuck up!"
"Linda-"
"Don't Linda me! How many other girls are you calling that?" I shivered, "You disgust me Neymar Jr."
"It wasn't even like that Amelia, I swear!" he carried on with his excuses as I walked over to the jeans I had on yesterday. He carried on and on and on as I finally found my headphones that were in the back pocket. I plugged them into my phone and played the first song on my playlist that just so happened to be a Christmas song.

He held his head in frustration before grabbing my phone and pulling the wire out of it. Suddenly, Do They Know Its Christmas Time by BandAid was blasting into the room and I burst out laughing whilst he sat there taking deep breaths and probably wondering what he was doing with his life.

"What? Not feeling the Christmas Spirit?" I asked, despite the situation and he finally let out a laugh.
"You're gonna be the death of me," he shook his head.
"Well I bloody well hope so, you prick," I said, my anger returning.

One side of his lip lifted up as he winced and nodded, "Deserved."
"Yes it's very deserved. You deserve more insults thrown at you but I'm feeling festive so get out and I'll deal with you later," I said ushering him out the room so I'd have a chance to process everything and calm down by myself before facing him.

He left without argument and I turned the music off, sitting on the bed with my back up against the headboard. He cheated on me? Crazy, didn't think he had it in him.

I was upset, I knew I was and it would hit me later at like 3am when I'm having one of my depression sessions but until then I'd cope with humour and prepare myself to return to the single slag life.

As if on queue, Alejandro, who I hadn't spoke to in months, decided to text me. I smirked, picking up my phone.

Life was gonna be okay, so what?

———
i have a quick question, it's not fr yet but if i were to make her date another footballer who would u want it to be? not like endgame obviously but just for a bit.
i was going to do jude bellingham cos i'm obsessed but it doesn't fit w the timeline since he'd be like ten so lmk lol

also i love reading ur guys comments to stuff it acc makes me laugh so hard u don't understand i litch had a line in my stomach from where i had been laughing sm and i told my friends like the type of pain it was and they were like oh from like working out and i was just like oh mhmmmm yeahhh i was pissing myself 😭😭😭