62

"Alright girl, love you."
"Love ya bye," Ant was the one to hang up the phone, leaving me to finally see how late it had got.

I saw a text from Neymar from about an hour ago, asking if I wanted to call yet. Shit.

I clicked his contact, putting it on speaker and listening to the phone ring as I got changed into a big tshirt to sleep in.

"Amelia? You good?" His voice sounded groggy, as if he had been woken up.
"Sorry were you asleep?" I panicked, already feeling nervous on having to talk to him.
He chuckled slightly, "It's okay since it's you Linda."

I felt my cheeks flush as I picked up the phone, flopping down onto the bed, "Stop being like that."
"Being like what?" I could tell he was smiling.
I rolled my eyes, "I don't know."
"The word you're looking for is cute."
"Nope, no. Definitely not."
I heard him laugh.
"Mhm. So what did you wanna talk about?" he asked, my breath hitching in my throat. Why did this make me so nervous?

"Can I be serious with you for a minute?"
He stopped laughing, now sounding concerned, "Of course you can. What's up?"
"I'm scared. I'm really fucking scared Ney. I want things to work out between us so bad but I'm constantly worrying that something's gonna happen and-"
"What hotel are you at?"

I stopped ranting, my facial expression changing to a confused one, "Huh?"
"What hotel are you at?" he repeated.
"Yesterday was a one off thing Neymar. We're not just-"
"Do you ever stop talking? You're obviously upset and I want to be able to talk to you about it in person. I'm not using it as a free opportunity to fuck," he sounded like he took my assumption to heart.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean it like that. I-"
"What hotel are you at?" he repeated a third time.
I smiled, "Copacabana."
"Give me ten minutes princesa."

———

I sat up against the head board of my bed, biting my nails anxiously. My phone pinged, almost making me have a heart attack. It was Neymar, asking me what room I was in. I hesitated before answering. What if it turned into another argument? What if he gets annoyed at my overthinking? What if he doesn't care?

I typed out my room number and soon heard a knock at the door. I approached it slowly, kind of dreading this conversation and in fear it would end in an argument.

I unlocked it, pulling it open to see Neymar, his eyebrows furrowed as he looked at me in concern before pulling me into a hug.
"Are you okay?" he spoke into my hair.
I laughed awkwardly, pulling away from the hug and closing the door behind him, "Yeah, it's not that deep."
He looked at me weird, not buying it at all, "Mhm."

I put my phone on charge, just to stall having to face him and heard him flop onto my bed.
"Come here," he beckoned me over as he kicked his shoes off so he could lay on top of my covers properly. I joined, laying beside him and staring at the ceiling as he placed an arm around me.

"Are you gonna tell me what's up?" he asked for a second time and I felt him looking at me but my eyes stayed glued to weird patterns on the ceiling due to dodgy plastering.
"Lindaaa," he complained, tickling my side slightly, causing me to laugh and lean into him.

"I'm scared Ney," I finally admitted, turning to face him.
"There's no reason to be Lia. I'm here to stay, trust me," he chuckled.
I shook my head, which laid only inches away from his, "It's not- I just-"

I groaned in frustration, trying to figure out what it was I meant to say. "I don't know how to phrase it."
"Say random shit then, I'll put it together," he shrugged, making me laugh.

"I just want things to work out between us. So badly. But I'm scared it's all gonna go to shit again and I don't know if I can deal with another year with out you. And I hate being sappy so you know I'm being for real here Junior. I'm just wondering whether it would be better to stay as friends since then we can't ruin it," The words pained me to say.

He looked at me in disbelief, "Please tell me you're joking."
"I don't know. I'm just saying at least then we'll definitely still have each other in each other's lives. What if something goes wrong and we're done for good?"
"Why are you straight away thinking of all the negative things that could happen?" he looked hurt.

I held my temple, returning my gaze to the ceiling, "It's not that. I don't want to take any risks Neymar, it just so happens that I value our friendship."
"What about valuing our relationship? Don't you value that?" he pressed further.
"Of course I do. But you have to remember that the whole reason I'm scared right now is because you cheated on me. I'm not saying it to be a bitch but you did and that's ruined the trust. Relationships are built on trust and you've taken that away so can we even call it one?"

His eyes were glossy, making my heart ache, "So you just want to be friends? That's what you're saying?"
I shook my head, "I don't know. I don't know what I'm saying or doing. I don't know what I'm thinking or what to do. I just can't take it anymore man. What if you stop liking me or get bored and then-"

"Don't say that. Please don't say that," he interrupted me, "That won't ever happen. I need you Amelia. I get I was an idiot in the past but I'm changing. I've learnt my lesson, I learnt how hard it was to live without you and so I'll do everything in my power to make sure I don't have to."

I placed my head on his chest, making him lay back down from where he had propped himself up on his elbow to talk to me.
"If you don't want to be more than friends then I'll deal with it. Don't feel pressured to do anything, I'm just saying-"
"I didn't mean it Neymar."
"But don't just say that if it's because I-"
"I didn't mean it."

I wrapped an arm around his waist as he ran a hand through my hair. "I've really missed you man," he admitted.
I kissed his cheek in response, returning my head to his chest and feeling my eyes go heavy, "Do you have to go?"
"Not unless you want me to," he smiled.

I was too tired to come up with a sarky comment and just shook my head which made his smile lines deeper and showed off his perfect teeth more. I climbed under the covers and watched as he hesitated, not sure whether to sleep on top of them or with me. I shrugged, not minding, but had to hide my grin when he decided to get under them with me.

"So is this strictly friends or...?" he asked.
I smiled, "Hmm, I wouldn't say strictly."
"Good," he smirked, placing an arm around my waist and pulling me towards him. The gesture caught me by surprise, making me laugh.
"I love your laugh," he said as he drew with his finger up and down my arm, "Our kids better get your laugh and not my scary one."
"Our kids?" I smiled.
"Our kids," he confirmed.