70

I woke up in Neymar's tight embrace, shielding my eyes from the sunlight that came pouring through my bedroom window. I reached for my phone, seeing it was eleven o'clock already.

"Ney," I shook him gently, "Neymar."
He stirred, smiling as he stretched and opened his eyes, "Hey."
I laughed, "Hey. It's eleven."
"So?" he mumbled into my skin.
I could feel his smile against my arm as I looked at him, holding back my laughter, "Don't you wanna do something?"
He smirked, "Yeah, you."
"Shut up," I pushed him away from me, cracking up as he looked at me offended.

"Are your views on marriage still the same?" he asked, catching me by surprise.
"Er, we've just woke up. Can we do this another time?" I laughed awkwardly.
"It's a yes or no question, I won't be mad. I've just been wondering for a while," he said, hiding a smile.

"Well I-"
My phone interrupted us, ringing loudly on the bedside table. I groaned, reaching over and putting it to my ear, "Hello?"
"Amelia, my sister's in hospital. I don't know what to do! It's all my fault!"
"Jandro?"
He was in hysterics and why he was calling me about it, I don't know. Neymar's eyebrows furrowed at the name but I put a finger over his lips, telling him to give me a second.

"Amelia it's all my fault! I just- I can't-"
"Look just take a deep breath and explain what happened. I cant understand a thing that's coming out your mouth right now," I sat up against the headboard.

I heard him taking a few breaths before speaking again, "She was my plus one but I made her cancel once I realised you were going because I thought you were still single and I'd be spending most of the time at the event with you. It wouldn't be fair for her to have to tag along or be by herself."

"It's your sister, she wouldn't have been tagging along. What the fuck? You sent her home so you could possibly have an evening with me?"
Neymar was looking more pissed off by the second.
"I know. It was stupid, I'm an idiot," I heard his voice starting to crack again.
"Well explain what happened then."

"People broke into my house. They had been watching it for ages, they knew she lived with me and knew that both our names were on the guest list so they thought we'd both be out. When they found her in there, they panicked because she could obviously turn them in, she had seen their faces. So they- They-"
He was back to being in hysterics but I could gather the gist of what had happened.
I swallowed, "Is she alive?"
My boyfriend turned to look at me in alarm.

"She's still unconscious. The doctors said they don't know when she'll wake up, it could be between hours or months," he continued crying as I stared at the phone, unsure of what to say.
"Maybe you should call your parents or someone," I suggested, confused on why he called me, "They might be able to stay with you so you're not as stressed."

"We used to be good friends you know? Me and you. What happened? Why don't you care about me anymore? Why do you brush me off?"
"Alejandro. Don't start this, you're the one who would press onto me 24/7 and I felt awkward. Plus why are you asking about that at a time like this?"

"Because you a year ago would be over in seconds. Why don't you care?"
"Obviously I care, don't be silly. But I see you as a friend, nothing more but you can't accept that which makes seeing you uncomfortable for me," I explained, getting bored of the conversation although I knew that was too harsh to say out loud.

I heard his sniffling on the other side of the phone as I waited for a response I realised I wasn't getting.
"Look I'm sorry about your sister, I really am, and if there's anything I can do to help then let me know," I brought the call to an end.
"You could come round mine, support me. In any way you like," he laughed, "Maybe some-"

I pulled a face even though he wouldn't see it, "You're actually tapped. Your sister's hurt and you're using it as an excuse to try move to me? I've got a boyfriend and even if I didn't I don't see you like that, as I've said multiple times. I hope your sister gets better soon," I hung up, throwing the phone on the end of the bed and collapsing into my pillows.

"Everything okay princesa?" Neymar was propped up on his side, facing me as he moved my hair out of the way.
I sighed, "I hate boys."

He laughed before holding his heart in mock hurt.
"Not you, you idiot. Men are okay, I love men. Boys? Not a chance."
"You love men?" he raised an eyebrow.
I smiled, "Yeah, a couple."
"Shut up," he laughed, picking up the pillow from under his elbow and shoving it in my face.

I hit it away, making him sigh as it landed on the floor and he flopped back onto the bare mattress, being dramatic as always.
"There's literally like three more next to you," I rolled my eyes and watched as his grin returned.

"I actually love you."
I laughed, "What because there's more pillows?"
He shook his head, chuckling, "No idiot. Just in general. Like I actually, genuinely do. Why don't we go on a date soon?"
"We're already dating though?"
He put his head in his hands, "Lord, and I'm a terrible boyfriend if you for real think we only go on dates until we're dating. Tomorrow night, I'll find somewhere fancy."

I smirked, "But what if I'm busy tomorrow? Y'know you only get Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Fridays? Husband number two gets Mondays and Thursdays, and Sundays are reserved for number three."
He smirked in return, "Husband huh? Two and three? Who's number one?"

"Oh shut up. I meant one and two. You're just a boyfriend," I waved him off.
He nodded, "Mhm. Maybe we can change that then."

"Stop it,"I laughed.
"What? I'm being serious. We can wait if you want or not do it at all but I'd like to. I'd marry you right here, right now if I could."
"Neymar think about what you're saying," I laughed harder, "We've literally been back together for five minutes. Obviously I love you but marriage? That's a pretty big fucking step."
"It's a pretty big fucking step that I'm willing to take," he shrugged as I looked at him unconvinced.

"But you're just casually dropping it into conversation. If I ever do it, it has to be perfect. All planned out and with actual thought put into it. But you're-"
"If you ever do it?" he smiled, "So there's a chance?"
I shrugged, fighting my own smile, "I still think it's pretty pointless and a waste of money for people to get divorced ten years later but maybe I'd let the right person try prove me wrong."

"The right person huh? Who might this right person be?"
"Hmm, I don't know. He has to be good looking though so don't get your hopes up," I lied straight through my teeth. He was probably the best looking guy out of every guy I've ever seen; in person, magazines, social media. And I'm not even just saying that because he's my boyfriend.

"Get my hopes up? Pfft I was asking for a friend. I heard Alejandro was interested," he smirked, whilst I turned to him completely deadpan.
"You're not funny."
"But I am and you love me," he kissed right next to my mouth before laying down properly next to me.

"What was that?" I laughed.
"What was what? A kiss on the cheek," he smirked, making me roll my eyes.
"My cheeks over here mate, that was just a lame kiss. Wanna redeem yourself?"
"Yeah, badly," he leant over and that was how our morning went.

———

a/n
hey guys guess what i'm back in schhhh and i had an exam today 👎👎
i'm still dying and have been referred to actual hospital now lol fun but we r waiting for an appointment so i'll keep u updated 🤞🤞

my jude book is out with quite a few chapters now if you're interested!!! even if ur not i rlly think it would make all the diff to ur life if u read it frfr

drop any ideas or scenarios for future chapters of this book so i can incorporate them before it comes to an end

1460 words