59

"Why don't you start with things that we're annoying you?" I suggested, suddenly hating my own voice and wanting to run straight out the hotel.

He looked at me and I could tell he was trying not to laugh, "Erm, I don't know. This is scary now, you're putting me on the spot!"
I laughed, covering my face with my hands and not knowing what else to say to get this conversation started.

"No, okay, okay. But you can't take offence to it yeah, otherwise it's-"
"The whole point is we get stuff off our chest. I won't care but you can't get mad either," I interrupted, raising an eyebrow.
He nodded slowly, "Alright."
"That sounded convincing," I laughed.
He rolled his eyes, "I said alright."

I held my hands up, stifling a laugh at his mood and gesturing for him to start talking.
"I hated when you talked to other guys. I get you're friends or whatever but you always seemed to blank me when they were there, why can't I be friends with them too?" He said pointedly.
"Because I'm allowed to have friends away from you? I don't blank you, you just get in a mood as soon as you see them and so obviously I'm not gonna talk to you if you're just going to be aggy. No one's stopping you from talking to them but we don't have to share all our friends." I gave him a weird look but he didn't seem to care.
"Yeah whatever. Your turn."

I bit my lip before speaking to disguise my smile, "Which one should I say first? Hmm-"
"Oh just get on with it!" he scoffed, rolling his eyes again.
"I hate that you always assume the worst. I'm not allowed to be friends with guys because you assume I'm gonna cheat on you with them. You have no reason to be insecure, I've never done anything like that so why don't you trust me? I should be the one feeling insecure, I'm the one that actually did get cheated on Neymar."

"Oh my god!" he rubbed either side of his nose, taking in a breath, "I get that I fucked up but it happened ages ago. Why do you keep having to bring it up?"
"It doesn't matter how long ago it happened, I'm not just going to forget it, am I?" I said coolly to which he just turned his head to face the other way.

He was already annoyed from the start and the tension was rising between us as we took turns saying what the other person did that we didn't like.

"Yeah well I hate that whenever you have a problem, you just go out and get drunk. We're not teenagers anymore just deal with it without being a raging alcoholic!"

"At least I go get drunk and have fun rather than moping around and being irritable with everyone when I have a problem because I'm too pussy to say it! I might go have a drink but if there's something to be said, trust me I'm saying it. You just need to man up and learn to say it too!"

"Fine! I hate that you are friends with all my friends but I hardly ever see or talk to yours! Why are you friends with the whole team but I've spoke to your friends at work, hmm, once or twice?"
"Because you make everything about you! Whilst we were together, it was always, no I have training or I have a game or I don't want to. I never even got to really see my friends at all because I was always supporting you so when I did I wanted that time to myself. Also don't you think it's a bit weird that Ant and I went to all your practices but you came to about two of mine and actually tried to encourage me to quit?"

"My career is demanding, I don't have time to watch your training! I encouraged you to quit only because I wanted to spend more time with you, not to be a prick."
"Well it was a prick move. Imagine I told you that you should give up football. You wouldn't be having that at all. Football's something I really love and enjoy doing. Surely you'd prefer to see me doing something that makes me happy?"
"Surely spending time with me was making you happy?"

"Sure yes, whatever, but that doesn't mean football didn't. See, you're not even listening! I should stay at home to spend more time with you, that's what you're saying when my point was that everything we ever did was about you?"

He paused for a few seconds, smiling to himself as he leant back on the dresser, giving him slight momentum as he stood up properly, walking over to where I was sat on the bed.

"So what? You want things to be about you more?" he asked, no longer shouting or sounding like he was angry.
I was confused, lowering my voice too, "I guess, I don't know. Not about me but not about you. Just about us."
He smiled, pushing me gently so I'd lay back on the mattress, "Let's make tonight about us then."
"Bipolar ass-"

———
ifykyk and yes i am robbing you of smut omg extremely sorry
very short chapter just cba ibr 😭