43

The music I was blasting was interrupted as my phone rang through the speaker I was connected to as I turned the stove on for the water to boil.

I picked it up, "Hello?"
"Open your door and turn down the music you idiot," I heard his laugh and folded before recomposing myself.
"Yes, yes give me a second."

I hung up the phone and ran over to the door, unlocking it to reveal Neymar holding some flowers. He held them out to me and I laughed, saying thank you and heading to the kitchen to put them in some water.

He took a few minutes to rejoin me as he took his coat and shoes off by the door before locking it and making his way over. I was sat on the counter, scrolling down my playlist to find a good song.

He stood leaning on the counter opposite me, "What you making?"
"Supposed to be spaghetti. Maybe. We might get lucky and it be edible," I laughed, putting my phone down onto the counter as Felina played quietly in the background. He smiled, recognising the song from our playlist.

"So how you been?" he dug his hands into his pockets looking at the floor before back to me.
"Stop being awkward," I pushed him towards the living room and chucked an xbox controller at him, "Start a game, I'll play in a second."

I ran back into the kitchen, just completely turning the stove off as it had only been on for a few minutes and I wasn't that hungry anyways.

I wondered back into the lounge, flopping onto the sofa, causing him to lift the controller up before resting his arms over my legs with it.

"How've you been?" he asked again, turning to look at me whilst I stayed laying across the seats and him, staring at the ceiling.
"Okay, you?"
"Alright. How come Correa isn't here?" he asked.
I laughed dryly, "Weren't gonna work out."

I saw a smile creep onto his face for a split second before he dropped it, "Sorry."
"It's fine, we're still friends I guess," I said.
"Why? He admitted to leading you on and didn't care if you saw him with other girls," he looked at me weirdly.

"At least he didn't wait to date me before showing me those other girls," I said out of reflex. There was a moment of silence before I laughed awkwardly, saying sorry.
"Nah fair enough. Deserved, it's fine," he chuckled but I could tell his mood had dropped. It weren't a great thing to say but it's not like I was lying.

"What about you? How's your life?" I asked, messing around with the pillows behind me.
"Same old, pretty shit but can't really complain," he laughed. (mac miller, hard to complain from this five star hotelllll) ((sorry idk y i had to))

"Yeah you can't complain cos you get to hang out with me," I rolled my eyes, kicking him lightly.
He pulled a face, "Nah all the more reason to complain."
"I hate you," I said, laughing.
"Yes, yes sure you do," he was scrolling through the settings of the game before passing me the second remote, "I'm being myself, you choose who you wanna be."

I rolled my eyes playfully, "You're so self centred."
"I am not!" he shouted, getting defensive.
"Mhm," I laughed.

I picked Real Madrid and he glared at me, making me laugh harder.
"What? I would've picked Barca but you insisted on being up your own arse!" I burst out laughing again.
"I am not!" he repeated as I clutched my stomach, his reactions making everything ten times funnier.

"So you're saying if you and Messi are both hanging off a cliff, just dangling there, and you can either help him get up or help yourself, what you doing?" I knew it was a stupid question, everyone would pick themselves but I just wanted to wind him up.
"That's so not fair! That's different!" he protested.
"Wow, your best friend. I wouldn't have that, I'm telling him," I managed to keep a straight face and pretended as if I were reaching for my phone.

He panicked, grabbing it and putting it in his own pocket before laughing at my gaping mouth.
"You did not," I stared at him in disbelief.
"Oh I did," he smirked.

"I'm not gonna beg for it back, I'll just exaggerate the story next time I see him," I laughed, shrugging, causing him to roll his eyes.
"It's different! If it were you I'd help!"
I looked at him slightly confused but played it off jokingly, "What cos I'm a woman? Leo can handle himself but I can't?"

He took a deep breath, trying to look pissed off but I could tell he was hiding a smile, "You're so annoying."
"You love me really," I said, completely forgetting everything that had happened between us, and instantly regretting it.
He went quiet, "Yeah."

———
really short one but the next few chapters will make up for it promise
i've wrote two that are waiting to be published and working on the third, i think this will mean that updates will be more regular as i'll always have one written
idk if u understand what i mean but basically i'll have one ready to publish and one i'm working on.
idfk i'm waffling, thanks for reading lmao