22

The game had just started and Brasil had already got a hold of the ball. Gustavo to Luiz, Luiz to Silva, Silva to Paulinho. They went back and forth, slowly making their way up the pitch. They were being tactical and following what Scolari had told them less than ten minutes ago.

My leg bounced up and down as I sat on the bench next to Dante. We all screamed encouraging words but it didn't seem to work as they lost the ball and Croatia worked quickly to get it up to our goal. I stood up in anticipation, hands on my head.

It seemed like I blinked and it happened. Somehow Marcelo got in the way when defending and kicked the ball past César. Our own goalie. Croatia celebrated as he dropped to his knees in disappointment. Neymar was soon at his side, patting his shoulder and talking to him but I was too far away to be able to hear.

They all ran back into position as the game continued. I caught eye contact with Marcelo and gave him a thumbs up, smiling despite the annoyance I felt. It's not like he did it on purpose.

Half time was approaching and although we had most of the possession, they weren't bringing the ball close enough to the goal, as if they were afraid to press forward and Croatia would steal it back again.

"Come on! Bring it forward!" I shouted along with everyone in the stands, like my voice would make all the difference. However, Neymar must've heard me as he grinned, looking at me before sprinting towards the goal. I had both my hands covering my mouth and touching either side of my nose as I watched in suspense as three defenders all charged towards him.

He was always getting hurt in matches and it scared me. Somehow, he got himself out the situation, nutmegging one, confusing the other with what direction he was going and flinging the ball over the last ones head. He then booted the ball in the direction of the goal and everyone was on their feet cheering as he ran to the sidelines, making a heart and pointing to me and then Davi, not far behind me. I grinned ear to ear, blowing him a kiss in response and hugging Dante as all the boys on the bench celebrated.

Scolari shouted at us to sit back down and then was screaming at the players on the pitch to get back into position. I laughed as they all waved him off, finishing their iconic dances before making their way back onto the grass. They played the rest of the half more confidently but weren't able to score another.

Soon the whistle was blown and they all walked over. Some of the subs approached them, congratulating them but Neymar just nodded, brushing them off and walked straight over to me. I hugged him despite the sweat and he laughed as I wiped it off me after.
"You did so good out there! Well done!" I congratulated, kissing his cheek.
"Thank you princesa. Do you know where my water is?" he asked me and I handed it to him.
"You chill here and I'll go find Rafa and Davi," I said, kissing him once more before leaving.

I walked up the stairs of the stands and to the VIP box. There was a bodyguard at the door and he wouldn't let me in without a card.
"I'm Neymar's girlfriend, his families in there," I tried to explain.
"I don't care. No card, no entry," he said bluntly.

"I'm not staying, I'm literally just trying to bring his kid down to him!" I said, growing annoyed.
"I. Do. Not. Care." he paused between each word, which I didn't think was necessary.
"What's with the attitude? On your period or something?" I asked him, laughing. He didn't look pleased and stayed stood in front of the gate.

I pulled out my phone, calling Rafaella. She picked up after a few rings.
"Hey, where are you?" she asked me.
"Outside the VIP box but this dick won't let me go through or even stick my head in to shout for you," I made sure to say it loudly.
"I'm coming, give us a second," the line went dead and true to her word, she appeared seconds later with Davi sat on her hip.