58

Amelia POV:
We laid like that for a while, his arm around me, messing with my hair and my head on his chest with an arm around his waist, just enjoying each other's company, nothing needing to be said.

I closed my eyes to rest them as I had got practically no sleep last night. A few more minutes passed and I heard his voice, "Linda are you asleep?"
I smiled, not answering and pretending to be.
He sighed, reaching for his phone and holding it to his ear with the hand that wasn't around me.

"Leo!"
"No shut up let me talk!"
"I'm being loud because you're being loud! Be quiet and then I will and then she won't wake up smart guy!"
"Yep, she's asleep. On me," he said smugly, causing me to roll my eyes.

"No."
"I already said I'm not gonna," his mood had changed.
"Whatever."
"Yeah! She was arguing with that annoying doctor I was telling you about," his enthusiasm returned, making me stifle a laugh.
"I don't know, she said it was 'cause he wasn't letting her see me."
"Yeah so she was arguing with a random guy to see me. She has to literally be in love with me now."
I couldn't hold it in and let my laughter out at his delusions, then even more at his reaction to finding out I wasn't actually asleep. Bro looked mortified.

"I'll call you in a bit bye," he placed the phone back on the table, "You little liar! Why would you do that?"
"Because it was funny! How was I meant to know you would be giggling and talking about me to Leo like a teenage girl?" I grinned whilst he went red.
"I was not!"

"I'm joking bonito," I mumbled into his chest as I attempted to actually go to sleep for a second time.
"Bonito huh?" he nudged me and I got a weird sense of deja vu.
I sat up slightly, "We still need to have a talk yeah?"
He nodded, "I know."

I returned to how we were previously laying, just being happy to be with him again.
"I've missed you melia," he ran a hand through my hair as he looked down at me. I looked up, letting my chin stay on his chest, smiling.
"I would miss me too. I am pretty amazing."

He rolled his eyes, pushing me lightly as we both laughed, "You do make life a bit more interesting, I must say."
"Hm how so?" I hummed.
He shrugged, "I don't know. Just always seems more bearable with you next to me."

I practically melted at his words, not knowing what to even say. I kissed his cheek, now leaning on his shoulder.
"The rizz is unreal," I laughed.
He chuckled too, now kissing my forehead, "I know you're being awkward but I mean it."
I simply nodded in reply, definitely grinning from ear to ear as I started to drift off again in his arms.

He was back. Neymar was back.

———

"He needs to be resting for training. He can't-"
"Pai stop it! They're so cute, I miss seeing them together!" Rafaela gushed.
"Maybe go talk to a doctor and see when he's allowed to leave yeah?" Nadine spoke to her husband, trying to get him to go away.

Their voices made me rub my eyes and sit up, being blinded by the strong hospital lights for a few seconds before being able to see their faces.
"Filha!" His mum wrapped me in a tight embrace, causing me to laugh.
"How long have you guys been here?"
"Long enough to know you guys better be dating again soon or we're gonna have some problems," Rafa grinned from behind her mum.

I laughed, shaking my head slightly, "I don't know."
"Mãe, why don't you help dad and make sure he doesn't end up arguing with everyone in here?" Rafa ushered Nadine out the room.

"What do you mean I don't know? You guys literally belong together! If this break up lasts any longer then I'm gonna believe love doesn't exist anymore!" she threw her hands in the air.
I laughed, checking he was asleep before speaking, "It's not that I don't love him. I just- I don't know. We have a lot to talk about but we just wanted to enjoy each other's company and deal with the serious shit tomorrow."

She put a hand over her mouth, "Awww, that's so cute!"
I cringed, realising what I had said, "Ew what's happening to me?"
"You're in loveee!" she sung, causing me to roll my eyes.
"Am not."
"Yes you are. And he's in love with you," she poked me, making me shuffle away from her and back into his chest, where he wrapped his arm around me again subconsciously. Or so I thought.

"Just ignore her she's being annoying," he mumbled into my back, his breath on my skin sending shivers right down my spine.
"Er how long have you been awake for?" I asked nervously as she erupted into laughter.
"The whole time," He grinned and I rolled my eyes.
"I hate both of you guys," I shook my head laughing.

———

"Garoto fácil! Take it slowly!" Neymar Sr shouted for his son to go easy as he stood up out the car but he ignored him, shrugging his arm off his shoulder and walking up to the hotel they were saying in.

"He's so moody," Rafa complained, making me laugh.
"He hates when he can't do stuff, he's just tryna prove that he's fine."
Nadine approached us, arms open to hug us both, "We're gonna go Amelia but it was lovely to see you. Don't go running off again, we don't care if you and Neymar are arguing, you're still family."

I hugged her back, "Obrigada mãe."
She smiled before dragging Rafaela over to the car where Neymar Sr waved to me, "Make sure he doesn't do anything stupid, yes? It was nice to see you."
I nodded, waving at them as they drove off.

I followed Neymar's footsteps and went through the entrance, scanning the lobby as I looked around for him.

Suddenly I felt hands on my shoulders, making me jump and exclaim before realising who it was, "Ah! Sua putinha!"
He held his hands up, folding over as he laughed uncontrollably at my reaction and my decision to call him a bitch.

"Desculpe, desculpe!" he wheezed, apologising.
I rolled my eyes, holding in my own laughter and shoving him towards the stairs so he could lead the way to where he was staying.

"What's the room number?" I paused at the landing, needing to know the number so I could follow the signs left or right.
He smirked, "You want to know my room number?"
"Shut up," I rolled my eyes, following him down the corridor until we reached a door that he scanned his keycard on to open it.

He held it for me and then made sure it locked behind us whilst I flopped onto his bed.
"So..." he stood leaning against the dressing table, digging his hands deep into his pockets awkwardly.
I laughed, "So."
"This is so awkward, I can't do it!" He burst out laughing, covering his face with his hands.
Watching him laugh made me a crack a smile, "Yes we can. Let's just get it out the way come on."