61

"Nahhhh!"
"No way! I thought they were beefing?"
"Guys shut up! Let's just leave and come back later."

I woke up, my legs tangled with Neymar's and laid eyes on the other three Brasilian boys in the room.
"Why are you guys here?" I asked groggily, rubbing my eyes and checking the time to see it was twelve. We must've fell asleep again.
"Nice to see you too Amelia," Dani rolled his eyes as Luís slapped him.
"Don't be rude, her husband had an injury!"

I rolled my eyes, "He's not my husband."
"Not yet," I turned to see Neymar smiling as he woke up, stretching his arms and then waving to the guys.
"See the man said so himself!" David said, pointing as I put my head in my hands, knowing my cheeks were going red.
"Come on, leave them," Fred tried ushering them out but they ignored him as they continued asking questions.

"So how on earth did this happen? Give us all the details!" Dani laid sideways at the end of the bed, Luís quickly following suit and Fred shaking his head in disappointment.

I laughed, getting up and letting them have more room as I put my shoes on.
"Everything good?" Fred asked, once the other three were deep in conversation.
I nodded, "Yeah, I'm gonna get going though. Could I get a lift with you?"
"Of course," he smiled, walking over to the door and me following.

"I'll come back for you two in about an hour, I'm just dropping Amelia home and I'll get some food on the way back," Fred bellowed, way too close to my ear as I shoved him away from me.

"You're going?" Neymar had got up and jogged over to the door, just as I was about to step through.
"Yeah, erm, see ya?" I scratched the back of my neck awkwardly and heard Fred snort as he walked down the hallway to give us some privacy.

"Stay in touch, no more disappearing," he told me seriously.
I nodded, "Aw no. I wanted to reply in four months."
"You're not funny," he said although his growing smile told me otherwise.
He pulled me into a hug that lasted longer than it needed to before I finally pulled away and headed in the direction that Fred did, waving back to him as he watched me leave.

———

"No way..." Fred sat with his mouth open as I finished telling him what had happened and we waited for the light to turn green, "So you just...?"
I covered my face with my hands, "Yep."

He erupted into laughter, "Jesus, I knew you wanted him but I didn't know you wanted him that bad!"
"Shut up! I didn't plan for it to happen, it just kinda did. We were literally arguing, I don't know how it turned into..." I shook my head, trying to contain my own laughs.

He put the car back into gear, pulling forwards as the light changed.
"Nah I'm not nagging you for it, I respect it!" He carried on laughing as I rolled my eyes.
"You're not helping."
"Right, right. Sorry. What's there to help with? You've sorted it out, you're fine now right?" he looked at me confused.

"I don't want to keep bringing up old stuff and arguing with him but I'm just scared man. What if it happens all over again? I barely coped last time, I don't know if I'd be able to deal with it again," I admitted.

He looked at me sympathetically before snapping out of it, realising he'd probably get a slap from me. I didn't want him to feel sorry for me, I just needed a second opinion on what to do.

"Just go slowly until you feel that you can properly trust him again and try to save the sex for when you're actually together," he snickered.

"See this is when I need a girl to talk to. You mention or even hint at sex to a boy and-"
"A boy? I am a man!" he interrupted me, looking extremely offended.
I stifled a laugh, "Mhm."

"Whatever. This is the last lift I give you," he rolled his eyes, pretending to be annoyed as I continued to laugh at him. "But, for real Amelia, I think you should tell him what you're honestly thinking. That's how communication works rather than screaming everything you hate about each other and then having make up sex."

"You did not have to phrase it like that," I covered my face again, knowing I was going red with embarrassment.
He started laughing, "I love making fun of you. It brings me so much joy."
"Hey what happened to the nice Fred?"
"Eh, he comes and goes."
I rolled my eyes as we both laughed at his dry jokes.

He slowed to a stop as we reached my hotel. I thanked him and went to step out the car when he stopped me.
"I'm being serious Amelia, talk to him."
I sighed, falling back into the seat, "But how do I just awkwardly bring it into conversation?"
"It doesn't have to be awkward. Just-"

My ringtone interrupted him, making us both glance over at my phone where the contact Junior 🤍 appeared.
He smirked, ushering me out the car, "There's your chance."
I rolled my eyes, waving as I finally stepped out the car and walked up to the lobby whilst answering the call.

"Amelia!" Dani shouted down the phone as I heard shuffling and Neymar shouting to give it back.
I laughed, "Dani? Everything good?"
"Who are you calling?"
"Ow! You Bitch!"
He must've dropped the phone as I heard rustling and them fighting each other. It soon got picked up again and I was now speaking to Luís.

"Hey Amelia!"
"What the fuck is going on?" I laughed.
"Dani stole Neymar's phone whilst he was taking a shit and then Ney threw a pillow at his head and he was being dramatic and now they're scrapping," he explained, nonchalantly which just made me laugh harder.
"You guys concern me."

"You guys? I am not involved with their immature actions!" he gasped in fake shock.
I laughed, "Yeah right. Can I speak to Neymar though please?"
"Ooo sounds serious. What's the drama?"
"David."
"Right. Neymar!"

I could just slightly hear their conversation as I finally reached my hotel room and unlocked the door.
"What? Kinda busy beating this prick up."
"Your Mrs is calling."
"Amelia?"
"Ha! So she is your Mrs?"
"Shut up and give me the phone!"

"Amelia? Are you okay?" he asked, sounding concerned.
"Yeah, yeah. I'm good," I laughed.
"How much of that could you hear?" he hesitated.
"All of it," I smirked.
"For fucks sake."

I burst out laughing, not being able to hold them in anymore.
"Very funny. What did you need?"
"Wow. What if I just wanted to talk to you?"
"No, no! I didn't mean it like that linda, I-"
"It's fine, I see how it is," I continued to pretend to be annoyed simply because his reaction was entertaining.

"I was joking. I didn't mean it like that, I like talking to you!"
"I'm joking too bonito, don't panic," I laughed.
"Bonito?" I could practically feel his smirk through the phone.
"Yeah I take it back," I joked and heard him gasp, "But can I talk to you seriously once the boys are gone?"
"Dani, Luís! The doors over there!"

I laughed, "You're so rude, we don't need to talk right this second."
"It would be ruder to keep my girl waiting, would it not?"

The smile on my face grew, "Your girl?"
"Yeah although I don't know if she counts as a girl. She speaks and dresses like gang so I-"
"Oh shut up! Call me later, have fun."

We eventually said our goodbyes and hung up the phone causing me to sigh and lean back onto my bed. I still loved him.