46

Neymar POV:
The music practically burst my eardrums as I deafened myself to drown out the thoughts I was having. Just looking at her made me want to rip my hair out, why was I so horrible?

She was laying back into her seat, with her knees up to her chest for her head to lean against and her pink fluffy socks on show. She always seemed so strong and independent but in that moment, with her body rising and falling with each light snore, she just looked vulnerable.

I fumbled bad and there was nobody to blame but myself, I know that. I just wish I could take it back, things were never gonna be the same, no matter how much I refused to admit it. She's moved on, she has Frisco. I've ruined everything and for what?

I feel guilty for saying how upset this has all made me, considering it was my fault and she was probably experiencing it worse but it's true. I didn't know what to do without her. I stopped talking to basically all of my friends, shut myself in my room and barely ate.

Bruna thought I broke up with Amelia to be with her but that's not true. I knew Amelia had to find out sooner or later and I didn't want it to come from anyone but me. I knew she wouldn't let it slide but a part of me thought that maybe she'd forgive me, maybe she'd need me and so she'd eventually let it go. But it was an idiotic thought.

I've always admired that's about her. She's always set in her ways, knowing what she's worth and not taking crap off anyone. It just sucked that it was happening to me.

I got pulled in for a meeting with Coach a few months ago because of my shit attendance and playing. I was purposely getting reds so I could miss a game and getting myself injuries that could've been avoided. I just didn't feel like playing anymore if she wasn't by my side. Everything just felt boring without her.

The stadium would be full of cheering fans as we walked onto the pitch but it just felt quiet. There was nobody making fun of me or tripping me up when we walked passed cameras. Never did I ever think I would say I missed that, but I do.

We hit some turbulence, pulling me from my thoughts as I took out an earphone to listen to the announcement.

Her head banged against her knees as they shook with every turn or drop the plane experienced. I didn't want her to wake up since it took her ages to fall asleep and she probably wouldn't be able to later so I gently lifted the bottom of her legs off her seat and guided her head to my shoulder to lean on instead.

I looked over my head rest as I heard the rattling wheels of the trolley to check how far away they were. Should I wake her up? I didn't know when we'd next get food and we still had at least six hours left of the flight.

I waited until the flight attendant reached us, "Chicken or a vegetarian option?"
"Both chicken please," I answered, knowing Amelia would go ballistic if I gave her a vegetarian substitute. I did it at a barbecue once, just for the jokes, and ended up getting slapped into next week so I learnt my lesson.

"Do you know when you guys next come down?" I asked.
"Once there's like two or three hours left we'll come down with snacks and drinks," she answered as she opened another drawer, "But for now, what drinks would you like with your meals?"
"Erm," I thought for a second, "Just a 7up and a water please."
She handed them over before carrying on up the plane.

I placed both drinks and meals on my tray as I'm pretty sure hers wouldn't go all the way down due to the way she was sitting. She always slept in the most awkward positions. I didn't know whether she wanted water again or lemonade since I know that's one of her favourite drinks so I'd just wait until she wakes up and chooses and then I'll take the other one.

I didn't want the food to get cold so I shook her gently, "Prin- Amelia."
I kept making the mistake of calling her that but brushed it off since she was sleep and probably didn't hear.