17

time skip to like january cos i cba to write christmas stuff lmaoooo

My graduation was in December as I only had a term to complete and now me and Neymar were packing for Brasil. He had managed to get me a job being the team's physiotherapist, which I was so excited for. The actual world cup didn't start until June but they wanted him over there earlier for training and meeting everybody.

"I can't wait!" I was rushing around like crazy, trying to fit everything in my suitcase and leave for the airport as soon as possible.
Neymar laughed at my excitement, "Why are you never this happy with me?"
"That's a lie and you know it!"

I struggled zipping the case up and he stood, waiting for me to give up and ask him for help. I looked up from where I was sat in defeat, and nodded reluctantly at him. He laughed and managed to close it in one swift motion.

"Are you sure you have everything?" he asked me.
"Yeah we can just buy whatever we forget right? We're gonna be there for months," I asked.
"Yeah of course, I just meant the essentials," he carried both our suitcases down the stairs before wheeling them to the front door, where our taxi driver took them off him.

He walked back to me, putting an arm over my shoulder and we locked up before sitting next to each other in the car. I scrolled through my messages, replying to all the safe flights whilst Neymar spoke to the driver like old friends. I loved how social he was, he always managed to make friends wherever he went.

We approached the airport and the car slowed to a stop in the drop off area. The entrance was covered in paparazzi and I winced, wondering how we would get through them all.
Neymar noticed and grabbed my hand smiling, "It's gonna be fine, I've got you!" he assured me and I smiled at him very unconvincingly.

He laughed and helped me out the car before speaking to a few men in suits that were going to escort us to the gate. They took our bags and walked either side of us. Neymar put a protective arm around my shoulder and kept me close as flashes went off.

"How do you feel about playing for your home country?"
"Is she accompanying you in Brazil?"
"How has your relationship been so far?"
"Is he angry at home like on the pitch? People are concerned for your safety!"
I laughed, turning to face them, "Neymar knows how to treat women and would never hurt me, don't be spreading shit like that." I tried not to sound angry but I don't know how well I succeeded in that. He grabbed my waist and pulled me away from all the microphones that had appeared by my face.

"I love you," he whispered in my ear as we carried on walking to the barriers.
I smiled at him, "I love you more."
"Not possible!" he tickled my side as we walked, making me jump and run away from him.

He chased me and threw me over his shoulder, we were both smiling and laughing like idiots as the men in suits struggled to keep up with us and I realised how much of a liability we were being, which just made me laugh more. Flashes were still going off so I knew they caught our moment on camera. I didn't really mind since it meant I'd be able to see a video of us having fun later on. I liked the memories that the paparazzi caught, even if they were extremely annoying and intrusive.

We scanned our boarding passes and went through the barrier, leaving the photographers behind us. We walked with the formal men and checked in our suitcases. We then went through a more private security, away from everybody else so we didn't get mobbed by fans and were allowed to spend the rest of our time doing what we pleased now.

"Do you wanna get food?" he asked me as we walked past multiple restaurants. We picked an Italian one and sat in a booth in the corner. The men in suits sat down with us. Neymar laughed, "Come on guys, let me eat with my girl alone," he asked and they all looked at each other.