45

"Amelia, hurry up!" Valentina and I had spent way too long in the duty free section of the airport and were currently sprinting to the gate.
"Flight 447 is boarding now, please make your way to the entrance," We heard the automated voice on the speakers and looked at each other in panic.

"This is your fault! You're a bad influence!" She shouted as we ran up the escalators.
I laughed, "We're being spontaneous, loosen up every once and a while, have fun!"
She looked at me with a straight face until we reached the top and she focused on getting around everybody.

We could now see our gate in the distance and slowed down when we saw the queue.
"We got lucky," I grinned.
"You're going to be the death of me," she said, shaking her head.
I laughed, "It weren't that bad! We made it and burnt off our lunch!"
She turned to me, completely deadpan, "You aren't funny."

I laughed even harder and we carried on walking down the long stretch of corridor towards the line.

"So how's things with Neymar? Do we need a code or something for when you need saving?" she laughed at her own joke and I pulled a face.
"No thanks. I won't need saving, I've got my own back," I laughed and she rolled her eyes.

"Although I did think we were okay but he's been really dry over text lately," I said after a moment of thinking.
"I'm sure it's nothing, you're fine!" she waved a hand, brushing me off before talking to security and letting us skip the line.

We walked through the little tunnel and was soon on the little plane. We got directed to a room towards the back, separate from where everyone else would usually sit.

I gawked as the flight attendant opened the door, revealing big comfy reclining chairs and sleek tv screens opposite every seat.

"I'm sorry, since you got here late we have to split you up. One of you can sit over there by the footballer and another by that security man," she pointed to each spot.
Valentina smirked at me before walking towards the security.
"No, no, no!" I whisper shouted at her but she simply laughed and sat down, doing up her seatbelt.

13 hours with Neymar. I faked a smile and approached where he was sat.
"Hey, there's no other seats can I sit here?"

He stopped untangling his headphones and took his junk off my seat. "You're so enthusiastic!" he laughed, going back to his headphones.
"No I didn't mean it like that!" I laughed as he shook his head.
"Nope, it's fine. I see how it is."

I rolled my eyes at his banter and did my seatbelt before rummaging around in my bag for my iPod.

"This is your captain speaking, can all devices be on aeroplane mode, window shutters open and seats back in their normal positions for take off please? Thank you," the voice spoke over the intercom, followed by two beeps, indicating it was over.

I felt the plane move as we got into position on the runway. I took in a sharp breath, leaning back into my chair and closing my eyes as I faced upwards. Take off always freaked me out.

"You okay linda?" I heard his whisper and fought back the smile that tried to creep onto my face.
"Perfect," I said opening my eyes to look at his, which he rolled before sticking a hand out that I hesitantly took.

He knew how much I hated flying and it had become our little tradition that I'd squeeze the shit out of his hand on take off and he'd pretend it didn't hurt because he's obviously just so strong. Slight hint of sarcasm there but anyway, this was before everything that happened so I didn't think we'd continue it.

We felt and heard the plane speed up before the wheels left the ground and we were shakily going up in the air. This was the worst bit, the plane going up and down over and over again until it reached the height it was meant to be at. I knew they had to fly it like this due to the weight and air resistance nonsense but like come on, there's no need.