42

It's been a few weeks since I saw Neymar. We do text each other every now and again but we're not close. I was fine with how it was though, I didn't want to be rushing anything and part of me was still angry. Relationships, not only romantic, are based on trust and we no longer had that.

Joaquin and I had a chat once he was sober and he apologised for everything. I let him off for the comments he had previously made since he was drunk and I didn't want to lose him as a friend. We thought it would be better if we didn't live together though and instead I've been helping him look for apartments near by.

———

"Amelia, if you could take a seat through here please," Valentina gestured to her office, stopping me in my tracks as I went to leave the building.
"Everything good?" I asked, laughing and sitting down hesitantly.

She smiled brightly at me, sitting behind her desk as I sat opposite her, "Yeah, I just need to let you know about some things. I was told not to mention it to you as personal life shouldn't merge with your work but I felt it wouldn't be fair not telling you."
I sat in anticipation, nodding for her to carry on.

"The next shoot you do will be for Nike and it's in Los Angeles, as you already know. However, I understand you had problems with Neymar Jr in the past?" she asked and I froze, not wanting her to finish.

Seeing as she wasn't getting a response, she carried on, "He's another model on the crew and they are paying for yours and his accommodation, seeing as you guys are going to be the only foreign models there. You'll be in the same hotel but I'll make sure I do everything in my power to get you guys separate rooms."

"How long will we be staying there?" I asked slowly. A few days with Neymar wouldn't be that bad.
"We're thinking just over a month-"
"A month?" I shouted, hands in the air.
She laughed at my dramaticness, "Being in America is the best way to boost your career Amelia. We're gonna keep you there as long as we can."

I nodded, understanding but the childishness in me wanted to throw a tantrum. Why was I only just being told that I'd have to pack my life into a suitcase and live in America for a month? And the worst, or maybe the best part of it all was that I'd be spending it with Neymar.

"So... Is there still issues with you guys?" she asked again.
"We're okay I guess. Not dating or anything but kind of friends," I said finally.
"Okay," she nodded, smiling enthusiastically and went back to her work as a queue for me to leave.

I walked to the car, digging around in my bag for my phone. I eventually found it once I was sat in the drivers seat. I opened mine and Neymars chat.

———

Junior 🤍

Hey, are you doing that Nike
sponsorship?

Yeah, my manager just told
me about it now

Are you alright with it?

I can pull out of it if you want

Yeah, no it's fine! I was
just checking

Are you staying for a month
as well?

If you are then yes

Smooth Junior smooth

My middle name is smooth

Really? I thought you didn't
have one

Shush ur not funny.

Oh no! Not the full stop!

.

I'm ever so sorry

Not good enough Amelia,
honestly, just unacceptable

Yeah, yeah

I'm driving now but i'll ttyl?

Yeah, drive safe x

Always do x

That is a straight up lie.

Remember that time

In MY car

DRIVING BYEEE

———

I turned my phone off, smiling to myself, as I started the engine and pulled out the multi-storey car park.

It was only two o'clock in the afternoon so I had time to do stuff for the rest of the day. I parked the car, running into the building, shielding my hair from the rain and spam clicking the button for the lift.

I let the couple out before stepping inside the elevator, rolling my eyes slightly at their PDA but secretly just missing it. As if on queue, my phone started ringing and the name Junior was displayed on my screen.

I smiled, answering, "Hey, you alright?"
"Yeah, are you done driving?"
"Nah, I just ran through three red lights and swerved into the other lane because you're distracting me," I laughed, walking out the lift and into my flat, locking the door behind me.
"Ha ha ha. Very funny," He said sarcastically.

I sat on the sofa, with my phone on speaker that was sitting on my knees, that were up to my chest. I loved that his voice was becoming regular to my ears again. I missed him a lot, even though he likes to annoy the shit out of me.

"Are you doing anything the rest of today?" he continued talking but hesitated before asking.
"I was just gonna ask Ant, Joe or Frisco so you're just in time," I laughed.
"Frisco?" he questioned, making me groan.
"We're not doing this again Neymar."

"No I haven't seen him in ages! Invite him too!" he said, making me raise my eyebrows.
"Are you okay?" I laughed slowly.
He sighed, annoyed at my questions, "Yes I'm fine! You're an independent woman, you can do your own thing. I don't care anymore."

Doesn't care anymore? Ouch.
"Alright, I'll see if he's free."
"Don't care sounded worse than I meant it!" he shouted, stopping me from hanging up, "I just meant you're allowed to have guy friends and even so, I have no say in that anymore. Although I shouldn't of had a say in it in the first place, so... I'm sorry."
I laughed, "It's okay."

"No genuinely Amelia. Not just for now but how I acted before and-"
I interrupted him, laughing again because I'm awkward, "Ney, it's okay. Come round whenever, I'm free all day."

I imagined him nodding as I heard him hum an okay.
"Let me just finish what I'm doing and I'll be right over linda. See you in a bit, lov- Bye."
I smiled sadly, "In a bit."

———
two questions quick

1- can u see when i like ur comments? cos i cant always reply to all of them so i just like them but idk if u get the notif for it or not

2- if i were to maybe start a jude bellingham book in the future (after this one obvs) would u be interested in reading it?