The Party, Blames and Drunk Luke

(You'll love this and the next chapter because lots of Luke and Adeline moments)

Happy Reading x

One thing why parties are good and bad at the same times was..

Loud Music.

Right now the music was so loud it was stopping or let's say, blocking my freaking thought power.The lights were dim, some sections with the dancing disco section.

Katy Perry was on replay.

"You have no idea what is happening to Luke--", Michael came from behind. He looked so happy.

"Hello to you too", I rolled my eyes.

"You came!", Michael screamed. He looked so cute with hair all set and clothes on point. Wow Michael, Ya Go Boi!

"Yeah. Nice realisation skills ", I gave a sarcastic smile. Then a real smile because of my come back. Go me!

"What?", Michael questioned. Way to ruin my moment of happiness. "Anyway, Taylor is coming too"

"Taylor Lautner?", I grasped. I've Always been a Jacob girl and that man did justice to the character.

"Taylor Swift", he rolled his eyes and then dreamily said aww shucks man. "come around.. I'll introduce you. She is best friends with me"

"So you like her?", I smugly asked. Michael gave me an unknown look and then said.

"What? No. I don't want a song on me", He said and I laughed loudly. "Luke told us you already met Ryder"

I was tempted to ask where Luke was but then I controlled myself to not sound like a desperate hoe. which sadly I was.

"That I have", I said. "you guys have a lot of question to answer or not"

"Your a wallflower now, Adeline", Michael seriously said. "you can ask anything"

"Anything?", I confirmed. What's the next hair colour. I already have a question. EVERYONE HAS THAT QUESTION. And who is Ali.

Ali was on my mind. But I know she mattered to Luke and it's getting on my nerves. Either Luke has to answer my questions or I'll talk to Ryder John directly.

Or Michael option too.

"Yeah. I live in room number 106, Lilac Hearts Hotel", He said and I gave him a questioning look.

Then realisation hit me like a truck.

"You are sick", I slapped his hand while he gave a hearty laugh.

"Who is sick?", A voice came from behind. The room now was crowded too many people. Did they even know every one? I saw behind to see Calum approaching us.

"Ah Adeline.. Yes, she is sick", Calum said and I rolled my eyes.

"Don't irritate me Calum. I am running out of places to hide the bodies", I threatened. Calum laughed and said.

"And in the right you see a live example where Calum the amazing hood proves Adeline not amazing Parker is mentally sick too", Calum said exactly like a tour leader. I laughed even though he just said I am not so amazing.

"Alcohol, music and no lights", I said. "Nice party"

"Obviously a nice party. You forgot the food section", Calum said as if it was obvious. "it is organised by me for JC sake"

"Who is JC?", I questioned.

"Jesus Christ?", He said and I laughed loudly.

"I'll check up on Luke", Michael said. "He is acting hilarious"

"Sure do", Calum said. We waved at Michael as he walked across the room.

"What's up with Luke?", I asked. I felt my heart clench as I said his name. This feeling was new to me. Maybe it's the lights.

"He rejected Laura", Calum said. I was about to ask how but Calum read my face and answered it already. "Laura wanted to kiss him when the party started and he pushed her away--"

"And you are the telling me this because?", I said. Who am I kidding? It's the best news I have heard since the time I was selected for fashion week plaza.

"And he is drinking ever since", He ended.

"You mean.. Luke Hemmings is drunk?", I questioned.

"Yes yes! And he is putting up quite a show", He said and my mind ran through the a thousand questions. But all I wanted

"We shouldn't miss that then", I said impatiently. Calum nodded in agreement. He lead our way to the room where faint laughters were already heard.

"--I hate that. Literally", A voice completed as I entered the room. The people roared with laughter at whatever some one said. I looked to find People surrounding Luke.

Luke looked tired but he was smiling. His eyes were red. A glass cup with alcohol in his hand sitting criss crossed on the floor while very ones eyes on him. He didn't notice my presence.

"You've drank a lot buddy", Calum said as he walked and sat besides Luke.

"Shut up you turtle", Luke slurred. Calum laughed as I stared at Luke. Luke then returned smiling at the glass.

Suddenly Luke's eyes met mine. He was looking at me. In a room full of important people, he was looking at me. I felt good. I felt needed.

"You look so pretty", Luke said while looking at me. All heads snapped towards me. If looks could kill, Laura would've murdered me thousand times in a minute.

"You don't know what you are talking about", I said. He was drunk for God sake.

"That's your problem, Adeline", Luke said and my jaw dropped. Did he even notice there are so many people here. "You always think I don't mean stuff I say. You have trust issues and I want to know why. You want me to be near you while you pushing me away. How can I do that?"

"You have drank a lot", I said to him.

"If that's the way you are changing topics, you suck at it", Luke said and every one laughed. "Ladies and gentleman I officially like Adeline and it's scaring me"

There were couple of grasps in the room including one of my own. My heart started beating faster and I felt butterflies in my stomach.

"Scare--", I was about to say.

"Yes Adeline. You scare me. Your lips scare me. Your eyes scare me. Your sarcastic comebacks scare me", He said and slurred.

"Why does it scare you?", Tanya chimed and flipped her perfectly coloured hair.

"Because I am getting addicted to her. I am starting to like her. And she will never like me the same", Luke said and I wanted to hit his pretty blonde face.

I liked him the same.

Maybe even, more.