Emotional Breakdowns and answers

Suprise update! ♡ this chapter deserves everyone's comment because.. find out yourself.

Can you just drive the car?", I asked. My voice trembling and resisting the intensity of every word I spoke. I felt broken and betrayed. Mostly, betrayed.

"Where to?", Calum slowly asked as he put in the keys in the ignition and turned to start the engine of the car. With a roar, the machine came to life.

"T-o no whe-re in particul-ar", I stuttered. Calum pulled out from the driveway and I tried my best to not peek outside the window to meet Luke's eyes.

As we got away, I took a deep breathe and pushed my back to the seat and bite my lip really hard to prevent the fresh tears away. It was like everything I saw in Starbucks was on replay.

Every moment. Mostly Luke laughing. He was so happy. Maybe I'm just a jealous bitch. What if I was the wrong one?

"You need to stop overthinking", I heard Calum say. I looked at him and saw him staring at the road.

"I'll do what I want to do", I snapped at him.

"No seriously.. you'll over think and you'll ruin the situation more than it already is--", Calum was saying and suddenly, I felt like I was being accused.

"Ruin to? What the fuck?", I cursed. I hit Calum hard on the shoulder as he winced in pain I shouted. "Stop the car. Stop the fucking car right now"

Calum pulled over the car in the middle of a deserted road. I aggressively opened the cars gate and jumped outside while shutting it with equal intensity.

"What just happened? What did I say?", Calum walked followed me as I walked away from the car while trying so hard not to cry. 

Don't let go. Don't cry.

"You said I'll ruin the situation. The thing is your best friend already did it. Such a m.other fuckin.g ass wipe", I shouted and attempted to hit Calum in the chest but Calum retaliated and caught my hand before the impact.

"Let me go you asshole", I shouted as Calum held my hands in his hands to control me. I shifted my entire body to pull away but nothing worked. Calum was stronger than I thought.

Suddenly, I broke down. Maybe it was the air, maybe it was the thoughts but I broke down.

I started crying. I hugged Calum and cried. Calum took a few seconds to return the hug but when he did, I cried even harder. I pressed my head to against his tough torso and sobbed.

"It's okay. You can cry. You've been strong for a real long time", Calum whispered in my ears. I don't know what came over me but I felt nice after hearing it.

After ten minutes when I was emotionally stable again, I pulled out and stood on the side.

"Want to walk with me?", Calum asked and I nodded in response. We walked from the car to the cliff.

A beautiful cliff with absolutely amazing view. My breath hitched as I sat there on the dead end.

"It's so beautiful out here", I closed my eyes and fill the cool breezy wind gush past me sending chills all over my body.

"I always come here when I feel low", He answered. I peered over to him. His gaze on the other side. His eye brow furrowed as if he was thinking about something very deep.

"Did-d you-u know abou-ut Luke?", I stuttered. What is wrong with you, Adeline? Get a grip. Get yourself together.

"We knew that he was talking to some one who isn't you all the time.. but I didn't know they were going to meet", He answered.

"Why would Luke do this to me?", I asked looking at the sky.

"Well, he is not the smartest in the lot, is he?", Calum joked as he added. "He doesn't know the worth of what he has"

"Isn't that right?", I chuckled as I picked up a stone and through it across the cliff.

"That's what happens you know. You don't realise the worth of something until it's gone. When it's gone, it's the most precious thing in the entire world", Calum said.

"Wow that's kind of deep", I answered.

"Well, it's the truth", He shrugged. "There are so many things I wish I had"

"Why are you being sweet to me?",
I asked the real question.

"Because I am a nice person?", Calum ridiculed.

"No.. your not suppose to say that. You are supposed to confess your undeniable love for me and then I reject you and then I feel good", I smirked as Calum laughed loudly.

"You are wrong as always", He laughed. "Right now I'm going to make you realise that you really like that blonde idiot and you should let him explain before breaking something which could turn into something beautiful.

"Do you believe in second chances?", Calum suddenly asked me.

"Yes I believed in second chances. I just think not every body deserve them", I answered.

"Do you think Luke deserve a second chance?", Calum asked. "Don't tell me. Answer it yourself"

Does Luke deserve a second chance?

Yes my heart answered and I knew what to do.

"Okay then saint Calum. Let's go on our pilgrimage", I stood up as I dusted my jeans.

"Sometimes you scare me", Calum chuckled.

"Sorry about your tshirt", I answered pointing out.

"Just wash it and return as soon as possible", He rudely answered with a smirk.

"That's the Calum I know", I answered.

"Stop wasting time. We have some questions waiting to be answered", Calum smirked.

Authors note :

Yes, that happened. You may cry.

Your views on this chapter.