Grandmothers are so sweet.

Pushing the door open, Luke and I walked inside.

"Oh my god! You are here!", My Grandma exclaimed her delight after taking a safistactorily long look at me.

Okay. So that's the thing about my grand mother.

She is not like how other grandmothers are. The favorite item to eat is not soup and light breakfast, but is bacon with eggs or peri orange chicken from nandos. She is not into slow Mozart melodies, but listens to Guns n roses, Eminem etc.

She walked near us. The more our proximity decreased, Her brand new Eminem shirt and new Facebook printed pajamas came into notice. Luke tried to hold his laughter when he saw her.

"Hi. Welcome to the wonderland of adelines grandmother, my name is Kira but I'd prefer you calling me grandma", She smiled towards Luke. "And I really like unpredictable and social casualties"

"Okay, grand ma?", Luke seemed yo look aback as he noticed she bas heard the songs. "Hey! Those are my favorite too"

"He looks so skinny", Grandma looked at luke. She placed her hand on his cheek and stared at me. "Don't you get him stuff to eat?"

Really? Did she really have to say that.

"How is aunt pia?", I asked grand ma as we walked inside. Luke placed our bags on the floor at the end of the hallway.

"She is good. She was narrating me how well did you keep Claire", she smiled at me. ONLY IF SHE KNEW. "Claire is such a sweet child"

Luke coughed as soon as she said that. I tried not to give a sarcastic laughter.

"Anyways, I made you guys food. Well, I ordered most of it but I did make the desert", Grand ma spoke. We both laughed as she admitted the truth in guilt. "Go and get fresh before you sit down on the table to hog"

We walked upstairs. Luke walked behind me. He eyed the posters of bands. I laughed at his reactions.

"That's your room", I pointed. "And this is mine"

Luke nodded and walked inside the guest room. I entered my so called room. It was just as I had left it. Faint green background, a chalk board on the corner, 18th century closet which was waiting for get broken and getting repaired again and again.

I saw a picture of my parents and Iof when I was two. Feeling the edges of the frame, I walked towards the balcony.

"should I be creeped out as I saw 5sos poster stuck inside the guest washroom", Luke rubbed the back of his head. His posture leant on the door frame as he laughed.

"That's just the start hun", I smirked. "Wait till she recites your band book"

"Haha!", Luke exclaimed. His smile was so natural and flawless. His body structure looked relieved. Just like he belonged here. "that dress suits you"

He walked near me. His eyes on my lips. I felt my heart beat increasing drastically. Is this what nervousness feels like? I closed my eyes waiting for Luke lips to meet mine. But for some odd reason, they never did.

"Whatever you do, you need to keep the door open kids", Grandma shouted from below. Luke and I exchanged glances and then laughed loudly. "Come down. Food is ready"

We strode downstairs.

"Come sit down!", Grandma invited. Grandma sat in front of us. Luke sat right besides me.

"This was our vacation home, wasn't it grandma", I smiled at the distinct memories.

"Ah! If you call "house where I can draw anything" houses, vacation houses", Grandma smirked. "She was a strange kid"

"What? No way", I defended. "I was perfectly normal kid"

"Umm I'll agree with grandma", Luke said while taking a bite. Then my grand ma gave him a high five. Talk about awkward.

"You guys are teaming up against me", I pouted.

"now do you feel what I felt when you met mom', Luke refered to Liz,the Queen.

"You've met his mom too?", Grandma gaped at us. I glared at luke. If only I could punch that breadstick right now. "Woah there, Tiger and tigress you've done the meeting the parents thing. I didn't know you were this serious"

"We are serious, aren't we?", Luke suddenly asked me. His eyes had the sincerity. That's the most charming lie I've said because I nodded.

"So, let's skip to the part where I ask you what are your intentions with my grand daughter?", Grand ma seriously asked. She should write a book "How to turn from a giggly teenager to member of united nations in ten seconds"

Luke looked bewildered as he thought what he wants to answer my grand
mother.

"I admire the way Adeline is. Her forgiving nature, her almost excuses for being sweet, her deep secrets, her naff towards issues with so many things. I really admire the way she is", luke continued.

"And because she is the mixing piece of the puzzle which I could never complete, makes me feel that, I can never let go of her", I don't know if luke lied or he sincerely said it. But for that moment it was just me and him.

Like, it gave me hope that there could be a luke and adeline who aren't pretending.

But the question was were we even pretending any more, was I even pretending?

"That was so cute. I am gonna throw up", My grand mom said and we laughed. Me and my tumblr grandma.

After a while of silence, Grandma complimented the knee length floral light dress I was wearing and told me that I should wear more dresses like this, we kept quiet again.

"So, how did you meet?"? She innocently asked.

We had drunk sex and we don't remember it. I imagined luke sleeping shirtless besides me and that made me so turned on.

It was like if luke was thinking about the same thing because

He slid his hand on my bare knee.

And my whole world tensed. And turned on. But majorly tensed.