Spying and truth

Caution : you love me ok dont hate me for this chapter.

"AGENT HOOD!"

"AGENT HOOD RESPOND"

"AGENT HOOD YOU ARE EXPECTED TO RESPOND"

"SECTION I IS WATING FOR YOU TO RESPOND AGENT HOOD"

"Adeline..", Calum said and rolled his eyes. "I am right next to you. We don't need to talk on walkies"

"You violate the rules and code of conduct, Agent Hood. But I won't dismiss you from your duty because you are my agent", I said. "And it's 'General Parker' for you"

"More you won't dismiss me because I am your only agent", He said.

"That's another way to look at it", I answered and looked in the Parkway of Area of Suspicion-408 which is - Parkway of Starbucks.

"No", Calum refused. "That's the only way to look at it"

"We don't have time for your worthless, absolutely rubbish gibberish talks Agent Hood. We are here for a reason. Stick to the agenda sheet I gave you earlier this day", I commanded.

"Oh? Wait that sheet of paper? I used it to dust my seat!", Calum said and bent behind from his seat to pick a crumbled piece of dirty paper.

"You are disrespect to Section I of FBI", I said with hurt in my voice.

"'Agenda for Agent Calum Hood : Listen to orders of your senior leader Adeline Parker the first'", Calum read out from the crumbled paper. "This isn't the main agenda. It's does not qualify"

"Not all information can be passed down to the agents", I reasoned with him.

"And why is that?", Calum took a deep breath and asked me.

"You might be double agent for all we know", I stated.

"Oh my god. This is ridiculous", Calum laughed loudly. He kept laughing and then banged the steering wheel while laughing then clutched his stomach. After two minutes, I started laughing too.

"Adeline.. You are taking spying too seriously.. we don't know how this will end..", Calum stated. His voice graced with concern. If I did not know Calum, I would, for a moment, belive he was caring for me but then he added. "Then you'll cry and I'll be annoyed"

"I know. I am willing to take the risks", I answered. "I'm thirsty. And spying is difficult. Let's get out of here and you buy me something"

"Why? Why will I buy you anything?", Calum retorted.

"You opinion doesn't matter and ill die thirsty", I said and jumped out of the car. Calum stepped outside and closed the door aggressively.

"Look at me spending all my hard earned money for you not to die", He muttered and I side hugged him. We stepped inside. Since it was a weekday, there were less people. Two girls at the end fangirled as Calum smiled at them.

As the girls approached Calum, I walked to the counter. Within a second, Calum excused himself and then walked near me.

"Two java chip frap and two chocolate Forrest cookies", I ordered. Calum looked at me, wait let me rephrase that, Calum stared at me.

"And what do you want?", I turned and asked. He gave me the best are you shutting me? Look I've ever seen.

"Looks like he doesn't want anything", I smiled at the cashier. "That's all"

"What should I---", The cashier asked.

"Place the order under Adeline Parker please", I smiled. The cashier nodded as Calum paid him and asked us to take a seat while he was preparing the java chip I ordered.

"Are you sure it was this Starbucks?", Calum asked as we sat on chairs.

"Yes", I answered.

"Are you sure it was 4?", He asked again.

"Yes", I nodded.

"Just tell me what he said exactly", Calum interogated.

"He was talking on the phone with 'some one' from his works/ management with that they have to meet at 4 in Starbucks", I repeated.

"He should be here any moment", Calum pointed out the obvious as always.

"Wait.. is that Luke?", Calum asked while looking behind me.

"Is the person you are looking at wearing black jeans?", I asked.

"Yes", Calum stared.

"Then it is", I chuckled. "Leave it for him to wear black jeans even for a meeting haha"

"But I've never seen her at the office", Calum pointed out. He narrowed his eyes and then compared. "They are walking inside"

As soon as he said, I pulled my hood over my head.

"You must be mistaken. See her properly. It's definately some one from work. Luke won't lie to me", I said confidently. I trusted Luke.

"It's best if we return back. I'm not getting a good feeling about this", Calum premonition's started giving signal.

"We have come this far. We will get answers and go", I stated. Calum nodded for once and did not question or argue with me.

I saw Luke and a girl entering Starbucks and laughing about something together. I stared at them while they sat at the corner of the coffee shop clearly in my view. Luke walked and placed their order for them.

The girl had black hair and had a nose ring. Her "crop top" was shorter than my hairband, like, literally. She adjusted her hair and checked her make up as Luke returned. Luke sat right besides her and she stared at him.

The way only I get to stare at him.

"Let's go Adeline", Calum ordered. "We don't need to see this"

"No", I muttered taking a gulp.

Luke smiled as he talked to her. Her hands touched Luke's face as she picked the eyes lash. He wished as be blew it away. She smiled at him.

All of a sudden, I felt that even though the clock was ticking.. the time did not pass.

Suddenly, she touched Luke's cheek and kissed her on his cheeks. She blushed and Luke laughed. Betrayal, I thought, as he just laughed. A pang of jealousy hit me as Calum shook me back from trans. I couldn't help but look at them again. She was laughing her hand on his thigh.

"Calum.. l-let-ss go",I stutter. Fresh tears developing in my eyes as it was difficult for me to gulp. "I can't stay here any longer. Let's leave before they come to know we were h-er-e"

"Sure. As you wish", Calum said slowly as we stood up to leave.

But nothing was in my favour that day. Starbucks cashier had a very bad timing.

"Adeline Parker", He read out the slip loudly. All heads present in the shop turned towards me. Including theirs. Luke's eye met mine and all I could feel was hurt.

"Adeline.. here.. I.. just..Arzaylea", He stood up as I felt a sudden difficulty to breathe. The girl looked at me as if she knew what she was doing, she planned all this to destroy me.

"Save it. I hope your meeting is going well", I smiled towards Luke. His face turned pale. "Let's go Calum. We don't want to disturb their meeting, right?"

I held Calum's hand and we stormed out.

Authors note :

Remember you love me and hence you won't hate me for doing this to you. *wipes tears*

1. Thanks for 80,000 reads & 3000 votes.

2. Check out my new book called fireband. I'll be updating that the same time with this.

3. Your opinion on this chapter

ThankgoditsFriday!