Grandmothers and Annoying neighbours

Happy New Years!

"Grand ma?", I asked as I entered the house. Luke following was following behind me. I peeked inside and heard my grandmother's foot steps coming in. 

"Oh hey there babbby", Mrs. Pitcousin slurred in southern accent. Mrs. Martha Pitcousin has been my neighbour ever since I had moved in with Gran after my parents died. Mrs. Pitcousin was a over weight black woman who was bestowed with the most heaviest accent of the south.

She spoke and embraced me in her warm arms. She hugged and kissed my cheek and then asked. "It'z been sow' loung Adelineee"

"It sure has been, Mrs Pitcousin", I smiled and further asked. "How are Greg and Pete?"

"Greg and Pete are doing just fine at colleeege", She said. Then her eyes fell on Luke who was standing behind me. "Who is this candy?"

"That's Luke Hemmings", I introduced. "Luke, this is Mrs. Pitcousin who has been my neighbour ever since"

"Nice to meet you", Luke gave a comforting smile and shook her hands. "How is Gran?"

"She is feverish. It's alright, she freakin' out fo nothind", She said.

"Typical Gran", I rolled my eyes. Luke suddenly held my hand and gave me a questioning look.

"Where is she?", He asked Mrs Pitcousin.

"In her room", She smiled. Luke walked towards her room and entered it.

"Who is it? Pass my spectacles Martha. First hair, then good body and now eyes", Gran hissed from under the covers and then hesitated and shifted to find her specs. Once her tight grip based on the delicate specs, she clumsily wore it.

"Who is this? Wait-- Luke? Luke from five seconds of summer? Why are you standing there, son? Please, move forward and come and meet the sick Gran", She dramatically said.

"How are you feeling?", Luke chuckled and sat beside her. She smiled and touched his cheek.

"Can you please look at me too", I coughed.

"Makes sense why Luke is here as well", she said and laughed. "Come here child"

I walked and hugged her. She wasn't feverish at all. And plus the way she laughed showed clearly how well she was.

"So, what happened?", Luke asked.

"I woke up with a fever and cold and cough", She said and pretended to cough. "I called aunt pia and informed her, Like you said I should"

"Did you take the medicines?", I asked. Luke peered on his phone screen and then quickly pushed it back in the pocket like a kid who was caught sneaking.

"I did", She confirmed . "It's time for new medicines again"

"I'll get them", I said and turned to Luke "Alright then. Stay with her. I'll be right back"

"I don't mind", she said quickly.

"Neither do I", He smirked and I rolled my eyes.

Gran + Luke + Claire = Squad. Confirmed. Yay or nay? Yay. Definitely yay.

"Where is the medicine?", I asked.