Trio's Back

Nat's POV:

Y/N fell asleep barely 3 minutes in that boring movie. I found it really cute, but since she was in an awful position to sleep, her neck horizontally supporting all the weight of her head, I carried her to her bed and installed her properly. I went back to her living room for a second, closing all the lights and Tv before going back by her side and read a book I brought in today.

I probably fell asleep reading though, because I woke up still sat against the headboard. My book was on the nightstand and a cute little koala had appear between my arms and lap. All of it making my heart melt a little, she really is the cutest. I kissed her forehead at the thought, it also confirmed me she was still asleep, so I went back to my reading activities, waking her up by moving not being an option.

Once I got bored of reading, I decided to pick up my phone and text Clint about last night.

Me: So you want to do something with Y/N and I?

Dork: what happened to shot like 'hello my favorite bestie' or 'I'm sorry for yelling at you in Russian for 2 minutes without interruption nor explanation'???

Me: You deserved it, cockblocker

Dork: Sex obsessed

Me:🙄 Wanted to d ok something or not!?

Dork: I'll be in town for a week starting Thursday so I wanted to meet. Plus your gf's quite nice, seems to care about you a lot?

Me: Yes, she's fantastic. Anyways, I'll organize  us something, probably on Sunday. Okay with you?

Dork: Perfect!

Conversation finished and meeting settled, I put my phone down on the nightstand as Y/N chooses this perfect timing to wake up.

The day then went wonderfully, we stayed relax in bed, my koala as cuddly as ever and this planning resulted in so much fun. I've literally dreamt of this life lately; simple, fun, no danger, no running. She made me dream of it actually, and she's also the one bringing it to reality.

But another reality had to punch me in the face, it being Monday. The day started boringly and some assholes added to that, playing with my nerves. Afterwards Nick called me to his office in emergency.

I entered my boss' office met with Nick, obviously, but also Hill. I instantly knew this wasn't a casual mission order, if Hill is this must be important "Director Fury, Agent Hill" I both greet them professionally

"Romanoff. Here take a seat" He firmly, but politely indicates me to the seat on the opposite end of his side of the desk, only confirming my suspicions.

If a mission needed to be done there were no time for sitting and talking, Nick gave me the file and I was on my way "Am I here fo a mission sir?" I still bother to ask

"Not only" He answers taking a seat himself as Hill stands behind him "With what happened a month ago, as much as the government of the world dislikes S.H.I.E.L.D. it needs it more than ever. That is why  I am going back to Washington D.C. taking the matters in hand. I'm going straight to the point here, Romanoff. I can't bring Hill, because she's quite responsible of New York's section, but I want you with me." I'm left stunned, jaw on the floor. I was prepared for quite a lot, but this wasn't part of it.

I can't even say a word before Fury's second adds "We obviously realized that lately you've had a much more... interesting life than usual. You should know this transfer is mandatory" Maria's smirk is wide while talking to me, she loves the fact she got tabs on everything about my life and it pisses me off.