Love Of My Life

Y/N's POV:

I go to the floor's mezzanine and look at the party and the people enjoying it. I'm next to a woman, she's objectively quite good looking, tall but not too much, brown, wavy hair and all the other superficial standards that come with. But she doesn't particularly stick out to me, she's missing something. She doesn't look... she's not... she's not Nat enough.

"Enjoying your night so far?" She randomly asks, turning her body and face towards me.

I only turn my face and give her a friendly smile. "I am. What about you?"

She nods, taking a sip of her drink, I copy her. "Being Stark's friend has its advantages." She comments biting her lower lip and looking at me up and down. Gosh that's awkward when you're not interested.

"Really? What kind of advantages?" I play dumb.

She chuckles. "Like meeting you."

I laugh nervously. "I truly am flattered..."

"Mercedes." She finishes for me, while placing her hair messily.

"Mercedes. Nice to meet you." I say, extending my hand towards her.

"Don't be like that silly, we'll meet even more later tonight." She refuses, kissing my cheek. At least the woman's not afraid to show what she wants.

Good for her?

"I seriously doubt it. It was lovely meeting you Mercedes, it'll be even better when you won't be here anymore." Her arm goes around my waist and her hand grabs my ass possessively.

This touch only makes me wanna beg her to fuck me. How hard did I fall for this redhead!?

"And who the fuck are you?" The woman inc Tony of us snaps sassily. My eyes widen in fear for her.

"I'm her girlfriend. Now fuck off before I make sure you become so hideous no one lets you flirt with them." Nat bites back coldly, the girl scoffing outrageously and quickly leaving.

Im the one in deep shit now aren't I?

"What the hell were you thinking!?" Nat almost shouts, pulling away from our embrace and crosses her arms threateningly.

I gulp. "I- I don't know. I was trying to keep a promise, get you back, and piss you off all at the same time. Maybe prove a point on the way." I mumble, though with a certain pride. I don't regret my evil plan. I then look behind her, making her frown and check too. « I mean, Bruce didn't follow you?" I act surprised.

Her strong exterior completely breaks for a second, before she covers it, offering me a warm smile. "No. No, he's probably crying in a corner of the floor."

"Why? Is he okay?" I ask slightly concerned, he wouldn't have that strong of a reaction if she just said 'Bruce, I don't like h like that.'... right?

"Well, I just told him to piss off because he meant nothing compared to the love of my life."

The love of her life.

"I-Is-Is that me?" I ask, almost sounding like a child.

She lets out a small laugh and gets closer to me, our lips barely an inch apart. "The love of my life? I was talking about Sam. I thought that was obvious." A laugh escaped my lips too. A few long seconds of silence pass while we stare into each other's eyes. "I love you... and... I'm sorry." She repeats, putting our forehead against each one another.

This woman, I can't get enough of her. She puts  'me' and 'love' on the same sentence and I suddenly go fucking nuts, unable to tell her no to anything. I love her so much, the whole world couldn't stop me from it if I wanted to.